Choices

Old 06-23-2012, 09:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KRA

Choices

So my alcholic girlfriend, whom I walked out on 2 days ago, has invited me to spend a week in July in her beach house with her. She texted me the invite and I instinctively texted back that, yes, I would go.

Now I'm having second thoughts. The beach house is beautiful and awesome but it's secluded enough that the town it is in only has 4 policemen and if a perso got really sick or injured, one would have to be transported to a hospital by boat or helicopter. There's no real immediate major medical care available.

I should text my (ex) gf that I've changed my mind, correct? I was thinking I could rent a room nearby so I could be near her but not living with her, but that might not be a good idea either.

I don't know why I accepted her invitation or why I really want to go even though intellectually I know it is not a good idea.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Since she is both phsically and verbally abusive I would pass. Doesn't sound like a fun time to me, and, if she gets hammered who knows what she will do!
Old 06-23-2012, 10:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wait...you just moved out? And now are planning to spend a weekend with her? I don't understand that logic...and from reading your past posts...it may be a long weekend with an unstable and unpredictable alcoholic. I personally can think of a 100 other things I'd rather do with my time.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That empty car on the roller coaster is always ready for you anytime you want to take another ride.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
has left the building :)

Originally Posted by EnglishGarden View Post
That empty car on the roller coaster is always ready for you anytime you want to take another ride.
...and it always ends up right where it started.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Why did you walk out 2 days ago? What has changed since then? If you are thinking about getting a place nearby...what's the point? Sounds like you know it's a bad idea. Take care of yourself. Don't sell yourself short.:ghug3
Old 06-23-2012, 11:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

There are plenty of beach houses without alcoholics in them. I'd rent one of those.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'd make OTHER plans with OTHER friends and family.

The only part of your post that made real sense was " I walked out on my alcoholic GF two days ago"

I can assure you nothing has changed. At this point you are just jumping from seat to seat on the Titanic.

Take care of you.