Notices

day one

Old 06-23-2012, 12:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day one

i never thought i would ever be weak enough or dumb enough to let pain killers get ahold of me. i have tried almost every drug on earth and never had a problem setting them down and never looking back. but for some reason maybe it has something to do with me having dystimia and anxiaty issues idk but these nice little white or yellow pills have gotten ahold of me and had their claws in me for three years. i used to wrestle in high school for four years so im always in pain but im freaking thirty four years old and never needed pain meds before now and i ended up working on a farm and getting kicked in some very tender spots and never even flinched and now here i am tripping over a cord and falling down and going to the e.r. sayin because of my shoulders from wrestling that i need pain killers. i know alot of ways to get over my anxiaty and depression which is what dystimia is if i didnt say it earlier sorry but having that and kicking these pills im hoping for me to come out of this looking like john wayne and if i fall and hurt myself i can just rub some dirt on it and keep going. if anyone wants to talk about depression or anxiaty you can contact me here because beleve it or not i am majoring in psychology so i might be able to help. and if you have any advice for me please feel free to send me a note
Old 06-23-2012, 01:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome S0658888

We're strictly a peer support group here - we ask our members to share from personal experience - and we ask our medical members not to dispense professional advice...

but, with that admin out of the way, I know you'll find a lot of support

You might also like to check out our Substance abuse forum as well
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Welcome
D
Old 06-23-2012, 01:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
KCB.com/justfortoday :-)

Sorry to hear of your suffering but as you may know you are the only person who can do anything to change this. The only cure for addiction that I know that truly works is a 12 step fellowship. I recommended Narcotics Anonymous. You are powerless over these pills and your addiction. Forget everything you think you know about addiction and go in there with an open mind and an open heart.

I wish you all the best xxx
Old 06-23-2012, 01:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

sorry i wasnt trying to start off on the bad side of anyone i just know what its like to go through depression and if anyone needed any ideas of how to look at things a little differently thats all i was going to tell them but thank you for reading my post and any other feed back would be great.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

yea im going to an NA meeting tomarrow night for the first time so hopefully i wont stand out like a sore thumb lol and get laughed at for being JUST addicted to pain killers lol there are alot worse stuff out there to be hooked on but this is the one that got me.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

No worries S0658888 - no bad side here

D