Notices

friday postings

Old 06-22-2012, 04:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

friday postings

Hi all,

I have been very active tonight on SR. posting more than usual. This is because my wife is away and on a night where I would usually love to be alone and drink, I have decided to become more active on this site. Its a hard night, and I thank everyone here for posting. Especially the bluntly honest. Either honest in pain, suffering, or recovery. Your stories, advice, and presence help. It sometimes scares me how many people show up for such a short time. then, there are the happy sober people who also disappear (where is ejosh by the way, very inspirational). But right now, its nice to simply be a part of whatever it is that is happening here. And as many of times it is said.....I will not regret being sober tonight when I wake up tomorrow. thanks all. oh what the heck, lets throw in one of those silly circle things.

M
Old 06-22-2012, 04:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love the silly circle things! They look happy! Posting here is a great thing to do. I've been on another site for 2 years. So now I have a couple sites. You can google sober recovery online and find more. The more the better I say. You sound like you are dong great! Here's one of those silly hug things. ha ha come on the chatroom in about 10 pm if you are awake. It's fun!:ghug3
Old 06-22-2012, 05:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

My kids are out of town and my husband is at work. I don't know what to do with myself. It's hard being alone. I went to a meeting an hour ago. I think I will take my dog to the dog park. I have to stay active or I will sit on the couch and feel sorry for myself.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know this sounds weird but sit on the couch and smile at everything good in your life. especially the lack of husband and kids. ahhh....you time. its new and weird and you need a replacement for booze. its sad that booze was such a good fit at first, and a quick one at that, but replace it bit by bit and enjoy your journey. then record how you feel when you first wake up in the morning having not had a drink. you won't regret it.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

"You" time is wonderful! Sometimes it is just the simple things in life that make me so happy. Petting my dog, watering the flowers, baking cookies....I loved what you said about" I will not regret being sober when I wake up tomorrow...so true..especially when you have to get up at 5am to go to work!
Old 06-22-2012, 06:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

Join us in the chat room!
Old 06-22-2012, 07:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I will try....not sure how to go to the chat room
Old 06-22-2012, 08:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good for you!

It is amazing how much more time we have to enjoy life when we are not crocked. Do something good for yourself!
Old 06-22-2012, 08:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am all alone too today, so I was drinking . .

lots of water to stay hydrated!

I did binge earlier, though . . .

on Dove dark chocolate Promises! Oh, man, those things are decadent. Yum yum yum.

Seriously though, good show on keeping it high and dry on a Friday evening. Nice job!
Old 06-22-2012, 08:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I like the rainforest dark chocolate. i have no idea how they make 88% cocao taste so delicious. plus, 10 percent goes to nature.