Notices

Good Thought during Recovery

Old 06-20-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good Thought during Recovery

Take your purpose in recovery and turn it into a vision for the future. What does that mean? It means that you can have an awesome life in recovery if you figure out what you are good at in terms of helping others, and then start doing it in a really big way. This is the big prize in recovery. This is how you become the person you were meant to be.

Turning your purpose into a vision for the future is also how you do God’s will. Your natural gifts and talents were meant to be put to good use. So use your creative energy in recovery to make a real difference in the world. Find your outlet. Find your connection with others. Maybe that will be through 12 step programs and sponsorship. Maybe it will be through volunteering at a homeless shelter. Go find what “does it” for you and then do it.

Find your path.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was thinking about this last night. I think that finding "me" and helping and enjoying others is a big thing that is getting me through. Its like I finally saw the light but this time it stuck, if that makes sense.