Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Substance Abusers
Reload this Page >

What I'm About to Say is Very Mean and Hateful but I Need to Say It!

What I'm About to Say is Very Mean and Hateful but I Need to Say It!

Old 06-18-2012, 11:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry What I'm About to Say is Very Mean and Hateful but I Need to Say It!

I hate my alcoholic/cough-syrup and God knows what else, crazy-ass sister. I do. Well not her, but this pet cemetery, grotesque monster with my sister's face. I hate this b!@@. She's taken over my sister's body. I loved my sister. She's taken her away and I now fear I'll never see her again.

Why did this happen? Why did she have two beautiful boys if she was only going to ruin their lives? Why is she torturing my elderly parents every minute of their last days. They moved 3000 miles across the country to be near my sister and their grandchildren. Now they don't have either. They never get to see the children and this horrid creature lives in their house. I just want it to stop. *deleted by request*

Thanks for letting me get that out.

Last edited by Ann; 06-19-2012 at 03:54 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I didn't mean the last part

I really didn't. I got out of bed to take it down because I don't even want that out in the universe, but I don't know how.

I do mean the rest, and I do wish I could lock her up in a room, just to see if her brain would heal and my sister would come back.... and so she would stop torturing everyone all the time and wouldn't be a danger to herself. Then we could all sleep knowing she's safe.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

All fixed now. ^^

Welcome to our forum. My son has been lost in addiction for many years now and I too hate the disease, and pray every day that he finds a better path.

Meetings helped me find my balance again. I couldn't fix him but I could no longer live in his dark world. Al-anon, Nar-anon and CoDA are three similar fellowships that have helped many of us cope with having addicted loved ones.

Glad you joined us, take a read around and you will see that you are not alone. We're all walking with you here.

Hugs
Old 06-19-2012, 06:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. We do understand what you are saying, feeling, thinking. Alcoholism and drug addiction are terrible. It does take away our loved ones. My son is also a drug addict. Homeless. Living in the next town. Couch surfing. Living in his car. He has given up his family, his son, his parents, grandmother, sister, everyone.....for his "new" family......all drug addicts and criminals.

The important thing is that we are here to get support from one another. To learn to live happy lives (yes it is possible) even though our loved ones are on a path of self destruction.

It's ok to be angry for a while......I just hope you don't stay there.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 06-20-2012, 02:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh no... I am so sorry for you.. Cough syrup is one of the most addictive drugs ever!! I have done all opiates and its sick to say that the syrup was my most enjoyable drug EVER. Also because of it I now have permanent heart problems and a sleep disorder thanks to it.

I moved on from it because it will kill you if she keeps abusing it. I have been in a methadone program at my VA and doing great now but would be hard for her to get into a medication assisted therapy which she most def will need if she is a chronic self medicator. She is obviously being tormented by some kind of trauma she needs to get out of there because her brain is going to be completely fried if she doesn't stop.

Its common and much more people like her are rising in america because newer addict's do not want to use street drug's and risk incarceration so they use dextromethorphan syrup and alcohol instead. Im sorry I cant help more but It would be hard as you need to be using a true opiate to get onto that or suboxone which can help her. She needs to see a phyciatrist but if she even refuses that find a way to commit her..