Enjoying the peace and quiet

Old 06-18-2012, 06:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Enjoying the peace and quiet

Last night, I actually started enjoying the peace and quiet of the house with no AH. I do still miss him a lot, and there's times where I get weepy, but it's really nice to be in a house with no chaos going on.

My in laws haven't been around the house since he died, and there hasn't been the barrage of phone calls either. Even the dog seems to be much calmer and more settled into her new role.

I can't believe that I'm feeling this way almost a month after AH has died. The last few months of his life were torture for him, myself and his family.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It takes time......I'm glad that you are feeling peaceful.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 06-18-2012, 07:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm glad that you've been able to feel a sense of calm. The last while has been really tough for you and I know that the chaos was unbearable.

I can't believe that it has already been a month.....I know that you must have a huge range of emotions. My situation is different in that I have separated from my husband but I'm still surprised how I can have such a swing of feelings. But....there is a lot to be said for calm.

Gentle hugs....
Old 06-18-2012, 08:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have been in a situation where I almost felt guilty for the sense of peace and relief that I experienced after the loss of someone. I am glad for you that you are feeling well and good, so much life awaits. Peace to you.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all. I was feeling pretty good last night, but slept like crap in the overnight. I can't expect to get everything all at once.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Love and hugs to you.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Still can't sleep through the night. I don't know when I will be able to. I never thought it would be this hard. My former life with AH is disappearing day by day, and I'm trying to embrace the changes. It's tough right now.

I returned to one of my meetings the last two weeks, but I'm not sure if it's helping me or making me feel worse.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What kind of meetings? Alanon? Maybe you would best benefit from a grief and loss group right now. Have you checked?
Old 07-09-2012, 07:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tjp613 View Post
What kind of meetings? Alanon? Maybe you would best benefit from a grief and loss group right now. Have you checked?
I went back to my naranon meetings that I used to attend when AH was still alive. The grief support groups in my area are predominately people that are much older than I am; I find it hard to relate to the members there unfortunately.