lm ready to quit...

Old 06-16-2012, 01:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

lm ready to quit...

Eveything. I left my AH of almost twenty year. Moved with my daughter her boyfriend and my son. I was so happy with my new found freedim and peace. Now I am done with it I have no one I am so lonely I dont want to be around anymore. I dont know what to do anymore. I
Old 06-16-2012, 01:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Where are your children now?
Old 06-16-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My daughter is with her boyfriends and thier friends and my son is playing videos games in his room.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Do you attend Alanon meetings?

If so, do you have a list of phone numbers from members who are willing to talk? I had a list of numbers from my first Alanon group. One day I needed help to stop crying. I finally picked up the phone and dialed a number. I did that when I was overwhelmed and needed help. I was glad that I had the numbers.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I havent gone to one yet. I wish I would have gone.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Is there one in your community tonight? It's never too late to attend your first meeting.

I am planning to attend an open AA meeting tonight in my community. There are no Alanon meetings available tonight, but I felt the need to be in a room of people who understand that they are powerless over alcohol.

I just learned that my alcoholic ex is celebrating his reunion with wine. He believes he can control it this time......I feel like I need to sit in a room of folks that understand they are powerless over alcohol and their lives had become unmanageable.

I am going to an open AA meeting because I can focus on the fellowship of following the 12 steps (no matter which version you are working, i.e., Alanon, NarAnon, CoDa, etc)
Old 06-16-2012, 02:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

This helps me also when I find myself in a funk:

Make a gratitude list. List anything and everything I am grateful for in my life.

I am amazed at how difficult that can be some days. On those days I start with the basics ~ I am thankful I woke up on this side of the dirt today.
Then I am thankful for having coffee in my cup to drink.
Breakfast to eat.
My children.
Our good health
etc

I hope that helps you too!
Old 06-16-2012, 02:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

There is a meeting tonight if you want to drive to SLC.

I Take a walk....even for 10 minutes.

Hugs.......
Old 06-16-2012, 10:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It is painful to start a new life, 3littlebirds. I had been with someone 15 years and had to start anew, and alone I just felt so lost for a long time. I understand how you feel. It is that feeling of having no roots.

Your children are old enough to be off in their own worlds, probably, and you left your old home. Even though you wanted to move, it's still hard. I've read that the Death of a spouse, Divorce, and Moving are at the top of the list for the most stressful times of our lives. You are two out of three -- no divorce, but separation counts. And that means this is going to be a period of some grieving and some fear for you. But that is only temporary. They say that for any new birth something has to die. Letting go of our old life is very very hard--even if it was a painful life. You have taken a leap, and you have not yet landed.

Many of us here have been through such times. I hope you know we are rooting for you, and send you our very best hopes and wishes for you to be supported and loved by others as you find your way.

I, too, hope you can find a 12-step meeting you like to sit in. And there is a book available in Al-Anon meetings, called "How Al-Anon Works." It has some opening chapters on what it is like for those of us who have been affected by alcoholism, what has happened to us, why we hurt so much. This book will be good company for you on long nights. It will help you find hope.