Notices

Anxiety

Old 06-15-2012, 12:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Anxiety

It's been a hell of a morning. My triggers are here and in full effect. Tonight the gym instead or the bar. I am lucky to be disgusted by the thought of all this progress being dumped down the drain by drinking. But that feeling of anxiety in my stomach wont go away.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The aftermath of my binges always involved a juggernaut of anxiety. I mean really terrible; I'd literally flee the house and start walking, sometimes for hours. Could not sit still. Friends and family would say, relax and watch a movie--riiiiight, as if that were even possible.

You can weather the storm KMC. Hit the gym. Exercise will dispel a lot of that anxiety.

Best wishes, hang in.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hear you, anxiety is my middle name (not literally, I would have had to disown my parents) but I do the walking thing and it gernerally helps. Also went to discuss it with My DR. and take meds if a real anxiety attack sweeps over me. By big problem was I could get anxious over the thought of anxiety. I hope you find the help and support you need.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

It can be a roller coaster during the first week or two..... I felt like I didn't even know who I was without alcohol, I only knew I had a lot of fear and stress. Just thinking about anything in the future was overwhelming. I had to keep bringing myself back to the "here and now" constantly and just let the other stuff go.

Things are going to get better, you just can't see it yet...... (if it helps, think about fear as a little child and put your arms around it. Take some long, deep breaths and just be aware of the sensations or sounds around you - that will bring you back into the moment...... that's all you have to handle).:ghug3