Thank you, SR members

Old 06-13-2012, 10:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you, SR members

I just wanted to thank everyone who's on here for their posts and support. When I entered this forum it was because I felt like I still had some unresolved issues about my experience with an alcoholic and while I still have some healing to do, I feel like you've all helped me immensely. I think the main thing for me was that not a lot of people understand what that type of relationship entails. No one wanted to listen anymore: "it's over; move on" type of thing or "he just didn't love you, obviously." Neither of those things have felt obvious because that was such a haze of shocking confusion. I felt like my story had no validation; that what I went through was either so weird sounding or that a lot of people thought I was inventing things. The issues raised here tend not to be addressed in polarized ways, which I'm grateful for. Like, he wasn't just a jerk or I wasn't just naive: lots of nuance happening here with the seasoned responses. Thanks so much for all the support. I feel like my healing has jumped plateaus since I've been on here, telling and listening. All the best!
-battlescars.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I felt like my story had no validation;
I remember the great feeling of relief when I went to my first meeting and realized I had found a place where people actually "understood" what I was going through because they had been there themselves. They understood my pain and fear and frustration and loved me anyway.

One codie helping another...that's what this program is all about.

I'm glad you found us, Battlescars, and it's a privilege to walk beside you.

Hugs