I'm so bored...

Old 06-13-2012, 04:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm so bored...

Ok so I know it's probably the drama queen talking, but since I have moved out I am really bored. I got some books and movies from the library, other than that I just don't know what to do. I don't even know what I like anymore, everything I did with Ah was what he wanted to do. I feel like I don't have a self anymore I have been with AH since I was 17. Also the fact that I have the biggest gas guzzler and am terribly broke right now means I really can't drive much other than to work. Any ideas?
Old 06-13-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I feel the same so bored, I work come home take care of my dog and spend time with him workout a little but I'm so lonely. I don't have money to go out really I have walked the boardwalk a million tines. I too pretty much did whatever my husband wanted to do and so now he isn't here abusing me or lying to my face but I'm so lonely. I actually feel sick to my stomach from the pain of losing him and worry about the bills I just got a notice the electric is going to be shut off if I don't pay it by June 25 390.00 guess he didn't pay in a long time. I also have to come up with 1000.00 by June 17 to keep co ra benefits. I'm thinking I should just take a sleeping pill and call it. Night
Old 06-13-2012, 04:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ugghhh money problems suck! I am lucky right now, I just moved out a couple weeks ago so the bills haven't started coming in yet. I am bored but very happy I don't have to deal with the emotional abuse anymore. I just wish I knew what things I like and could do something fun!
Old 06-13-2012, 04:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I, too, lost myself in my husband's alcoholism. And it took some time to find myself again. How I did it was by trying different things. I had no idea what I might like, so I tried a lot of different stuff that sounded appealing. I took a CC course on creative writing. (writing didn't turn out to be my "thing," but the course was taught by a therapist, so it was very helpful anyway) I took ballroom dancing lessons. Heck, I even went to city council meetings just to see what was going on in my town, lol. You have to try stuff out to find out what turns you on. You'll never find it sitting alone at home in front of the tv.

L
Old 06-13-2012, 05:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

After I left it was hard for me to enjoy quiet. My brain had gotten used to working at 200%, always putting out some sort of fire and spending my life trying to enjoy the time between binges or working to survive the event.

As sick as it is, I had to get used to the peace again. Before I knew it wouldn't last and I couldn't enjoy the peace. I always was waiting for the next dramatic scene.

Do you work? Maybe going back to work or a part time job would help. Fill your time. La Tee Da was wise with the suggestion to take some classes.

Find some friends, moms of kids your children's ages for playdates, Go to Alanon, read, journal. Learn to fill the silence, and even enjoy it. It's almost like reprogramming yourself.

(((hugs))) to you. It will all be worth it for you and your little ones.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I do work so that takes up most of my day. Its the nights and weekends that are hard. My kids are teenagers so they kinda do thier own thing. It is hard to get used to peace and quiet as much as I longed for it before. It has only been a few weks since I have moved out so I am sure with time it will get easier.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Get a puppy. That'll take care of the boredom in an instant! ; )