Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

My brother stopped speaking to me after he had seizures due to alcohol withdrawal

My brother stopped speaking to me after he had seizures due to alcohol withdrawal

Old 06-13-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Three weeks ago my younger brother had seizures due to alcohol withdrawal. I did not know my brother had an addiction to alcohol, and this is how I found out. My brother and I had been extremely close growing up and right before his seizures we were extremely close, talking almost everyday for hours. After the seizures he said he was going to get help and I told him alcohol will kill him and I love him and will do anything to help him get better. He has not gotten any help, has gone back to his same routine, but claims he is not drinking. But he no longer calls me or speaks to me, and I am extremely hurt, that he does not want to talk to me anymore. He will still to our mom, but she denies he has a problem and says everything is fine, because hes not drinking. Why wont my brother talk to me, am I wrong to feel hurt?