Codie Question

Old 06-12-2012, 07:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Codie Question

OK, so new bf, non alcoholic, is driving on an occupational license because he failed to pay a ticket and had his regular one revoked. The fine has been paid, he served his licenses suspension time and he can now go obtain his regular class c, or so he says. Its been two weeks and he hasn't done it, and Im sick of driving us all the time, and I know he has had the time and the money to do so.

I want to tell him that this unacceptable, that he has an obligation and responsibility to be a legally licensed driver. I think its my codie response to all the crap xab put me through. This one has a job, his own place, good credit, and no debt, but I feel like Im about to go bonkers because if he gets pulled over for an expired occupational license, the consequences could be a hefty fine or worse. Im afraid of extra responsibilities being thrown back on my shoulders due to his neglect.

Should I just leave it alone, or say something about it? Is it ok to even say things about it, or does that mean Im trying to manipulate him to get the desired action? Why does this bug me so much?
Old 06-12-2012, 08:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Its been two weeks and he hasn't done it, and Im sick of driving us all the time, and I know he has had the time and the money to do so.
When you say class c, you are talking about driving an eighteen wheeler?
He cannot work with out that license, and why would he wait on getting to work?
Hmm, I would say I am tired of doing all the driving and leave it at that.

Beth
Old 06-13-2012, 02:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I knew I should have read all your prior posts first.

I went on what you wrote here....bf is not an alcoholic and has a job. So I deleted everything and others who have already shared with you can pick this up.

Sorry about that.....I try not to get into a conversation without reading the history. It's 2:27am my time and I'm tired and I forgot

Take care and I wish you well.

edit reason: didn't read prior posts
Old 06-13-2012, 07:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My AH is driving on his work permit(his license is suspended for a DUI) and I find that I get aggravated because if he gets caught or lies about where he's driving to/from then we get to pay more court costs and he's risking losing his license for even longer. He doesn't understand my frustration, he just wants to do what he's going to do.

I have learned that I have to give him up to my Higher Power. I cannot control him and every time I say something about it he gets defensive and we're back to not speaking to each other. He has no desire to be accountable to his family because he's selfish and in addict mode right now. That's just how it is and I have accepted it as that. Now, I do have some boundaries regarding the license thing; no driving our son around and I won't ride with him either. I am also contemplating taking him off the registration for my car so that once he has the ignition interlock device he technically won't be on my car's title, even though he's on the insurance.