Notices

I believe God has a plan for me.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Grateful AA member

I believe God has a plan for me.

Ive always had that gift of compassion and empathy for others. Ive always loved to help others then I fell into alcoholism and lost faith. Now I am sober, I can see that Ive endured all my struggles and now God wants me to help others who suffer from alcoholism and mental illness. I continue seeing signs from St. Anthony of Padua St. of miracles. During my hospitalizations, I somehow kept getting my hands on his prayer cards and little pendants with St. As name on it. Last Sat. I sat in the Church and prayed until my AA meeting at the local Catholic Church. Before the meeting one of the girls at the meeting asked if I wanted a tour of the large Church so we went.

There sat a basket of prayer cards and rosaries. I randomply picked a card and opened it and it was again St. Anthony with a little Cross with his picture attached. I believe its a sign.

This may sound crazy but my higher power is watching over me and I have to keep sober so I can help others from my own experience.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

It doesn't sound crazy a bit. It sounds like you are listening! Peace and prayers for your newfound mission, Innerchild!
Old 06-12-2012, 06:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It doesn't sound crazy to me.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't think you sounds crazy either. I believe he is speaking to you. He is showing you signs and you are listening. I think he put a certain person in my life recently that has helped me seek him more. He knew I was going to be needing him as I discover my problems with alcohol and other things like anxiety and depression.

I too have the gift of empathy and compassion. I've always felt joy helping others.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think God has a plan for me, too, but I keep asking him to be a bit more obvious 'cuz I haven't figured it out yet!

And of course you're not crazy. That sounds really cool.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

God has a plan & purpose for all of us. We just need to seek Him & we will find Him.
“So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. (Luke 11:9 NIV84)

I'm happy that you are listening for Him. Keep listening. Be diligent & He will reward you with His presence.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thats improvement!! you think you sound crazy intead of insane!

and whats so bad with being crazy???
Old 06-12-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I know God has a plan for me too. Don't know what it is yet, but I will keep listening. I think one part of his plan is me getting sober. Then I'll be able to fulfill my true purpose in life.

I'm actually very thankful for my alcoholism, though struggling at the moment. I was an atheist before, and throughout all of my struggles, I finally came to know God. That's been the biggest blessing in my life. I'm now able to see things in a new light that I never could before. I have the opportunity in front of me right now to better myself, and really make something worthwhile out of my life, and I intend to do so.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It definitely does not sound crazy to me. I believe that God has a plan for each of us and I fully believe that He is the One that has kept me alive during all of the years of drug and alcohol abuse. And for that I'm grateful.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

No such thing as coincidence. You are listening.
You should hear the crazy story about what He did with my radio.
Lotsa love,
K
Old 06-12-2012, 06:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tzivia View Post
I know God has a plan for me too. Don't know what it is yet, but I will keep listening. I think one part of his plan is me getting sober. Then I'll be able to fulfill my true purpose in life.

I'm actually very thankful for my alcoholism, though struggling at the moment. I was an atheist before, and throughout all of my struggles, I finally came to know God. That's been the biggest blessing in my life. I'm now able to see things in a new light that I never could before. I have the opportunity in front of me right now to better myself, and really make something worthwhile out of my life, and I intend to do so.
That's a nice post....That's how I got to know Him too. Good stuff!
Old 06-12-2012, 06:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Grateful AA member

I write this post which I forgot I did. I go meet my sponsor this afternoon to pick up some Step Work based on Step 2 and 3 giving my life over to Gods will and what His plan is for me and what I can do for others. I was earliy for a Step meeting so I sat in one of the rooms in the Church and did my Step 2 and 3 assignment based on coming to believe a Power greater than myself will restore me to sanity...then guess which Step we discuss in AA today? Step 2 and this meeting doesnt seem to go in order either been a few times. God is still talking to me. Its all coming together just have to watch for t he Signs. My sponsor also gave me a St. Anothiny card to pray for nine days straight for a miracle to happen.

Thanks for all of your responses its great to feel connected to you all.

ps. sorry for the awful spelling and grammar too lazy to fix it right now lmao
Old 06-12-2012, 06:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Grateful AA member

ps. tomsteve. I love being crazy but a sober crazy instead of a drunken crazy mess lol