Notices

The end of a great weekend of Founder's Day :)

Old 06-10-2012, 07:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

The end of a great weekend of Founder's Day :)

Well what a beautiful weekend in good ol Akron Ohio this year. Couldnt of asked for better weather to welcome all the lovely people that came in from near and far to celebrate Founder's Day.

Till next year, I hope to see some of you there.. nug nug (sapling and sugarbear). Anyway thank you Bill and Bob and everyone after to keep those doors open for us to walk thru.

To end it I thought I would share the words from a plaque that was on Dr. Bob's desk that to him best described humility.

" Perpetual quietness of heart. It has to have no trouble. It is never to be frustrated or vexed, irritable or sore; to wonder at nothing that is done to me, to feel nothing done against me. It is to be at rest when nobody praises me,and when I am blamed or despised , it is to have a blessed home in myself where I can go and shut the door and pray to my father in secret and be at peace, as in a deep sea of calmness, when all around and about is seeing trouble. "

Remember to Smile cause sobriety looks good on YOU!!!!!

Good love, Inda.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

I still don't like huge crowds and I need wheels....or a ride.....

I will get there one day!

Glad you had fun!!!
Old 06-10-2012, 10:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds great Inda....I'll get there.....Crowds don't bother me. I'd probably fit right in with 50,000 sober alcoholics. Sounds like a TRIP to me. One day. I love that description of humility....That's really cool. Thanks for your service there Inda....Keep trudging.