Notices

Daily thread - June 10/12

Old 06-10-2012, 04:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Daily thread - June 10/12

Hi everyone! Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to post yesterday so I hope everyone's Saturday went well!

Yesterday I met my family for lunch, visited a friend and her new born and then travelled 4 hours to get to a hotel because I'm working today in this city.

I had a moment when I was near the hotel where I thought to myself all the reasons why I should stop at the liquor store.
Hotel alone
No one would know
Need to relax
Ect

While I was driving down a main road, I saw a liquor store an stopped at it. Thankfully it was closed! I texted a friend/co worker to see of they'd checked in yet and he had, and told me we were going to go out for dinner.

That was enough to snap me out of it and quit focusing on alcohol. I am so glad I texted him so I wasn't alone. He knows I'd my struggle and when I told him that his text back stopped me from looking for booze, he gave me a huge hug and told me he was glad he could help. We had a great dinner, laughed our faces off, all while drinking water with lemon through straws.

I am so glad I didn't relapse and that I have such a great and supportive friend.

Today - go for a run in the hotel gym
Work all afternoon
Drive the 4 hours home
Stop to do groceries on my way home
Get home and go to bed!

I won't let AV get to me today!