I have a confession to make...

Old 06-09-2012, 06:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I have a confession to make...

My husband and I were talking and he shared how he completed Step 1 of his NA workbook. He said it took him over 30 pages in a notebook. He then got up, got the note book to show me how much he had written, how he dated it all, etc. He was very proud of his accomplishment. (I think he wanted to be validated too, lol).

I am not sure if it's my codependency issues or my nosiness, but a part of me got curious and wanted to read it. I WON'T!! But....it was tempting for a few minutes.

I think Pandora might be one of my great ancestors.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

one thing that helped me to keep my mind off of my ex-husbands recovery was to work on mine. He kept wanting to "share" all of his progress and said he wanted to think of me as his "little recovery buddy". I fell right into it but then discovered how important it was for him to leave me out of it.

Every time I wanted to think about his recovery and his progress I made myself take those thoughts and turn them back on me.

I understand the temptations to look but keeping the focus on you is what helps you to get healthier and stronger....way to go.......
Old 06-09-2012, 07:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

haha, He just got here after his meeting and I shared my post and your replies. He loved yours CO. lol

He said when he gets to step 4 - he will make sure it under lock and key. lol

Seriously, in the beginning we were both "overly" sharing about our recoveries. It wasn't healthily. He didn't understand mine and I really don't want to be involved in his. He has invited me to an open meeting, to meet his sponsor and support group. I declined. I am just not ready...not even for a NA picnic. I am not judging anyone...but I just need to take ONE ADDICT AT A TIME....for now.

As I explained to my therapist, its about protecting my sanity right now. She understood. Please, I am not trying to offend any one in recovery....it's just how I feel at this present time and I have to what is best for me. I am NOT passing judgement.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When my AS attempted his last recovery he started a blog and shared it with me. I started reading it and had to stop. Some things a mother just doesn't need to know. Bless his heart.

whaty