Notices

First day

Old 06-08-2012, 08:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First day

Today is my first day sober. My last pill was taken yesterday, I was on Percocet for too years and found myself refilling scripts every ten days 10/325 also I was givin tramadol so when I was running low n one. Would substitute for the other. I had two shoulder surgeries with in 10 months of each other. The pain was horrible so I just took more and more not relizing the damage I was doing to my self.ni feel horrible rite now, please tell me this passes.

Thanks Joey
Old 06-08-2012, 09:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Hope you keep reading and posting. Everything passes but the first days are the tougest. Glad you're reaching out. My best to you.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi roadtrip

Welcoem to SR and to the journey

please tell me this passes
It does pass and it does get different

There is a solution and it is not magic..That means there is some work ahead...The good news is the road has been paved by many others that have gone before you and there are many others on this road with you so you are not traveling alone

It is a WE journey. None of us can do this alone...We encourage and support one another

happy to have you here with us
Old 06-08-2012, 09:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's a tough couple of weeks. I had a pain clinic prescribe me freaking morphine for sciatica. It didn't seem right to me at the time, but it only made me a little loopy the first day and squashed the pain almost instantly. Skip forward 3 months and I forgot to go in for my office visit so I could get the script filled. I've never been so sick in my and it lasted 2 weeks. I didn't even realize what it was until a few days into it. When you get through this, pain will sound awesome compared to what you go through. Good luck.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good job and keep it up!
Old 06-08-2012, 12:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Roadtripfam
Old 06-08-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome aboard roadtripfam

I think it gets better for all of us, regardless of what we used or drank - noone would stay clean and sober if it didn't.

Good to have you join us - we also have a substance abuse forum you may want to check out as well:

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 06-13-2012, 05:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Unhappy Tramadol the devil they perscribe like candy

[QUOTE=Roadtripfam;3435873]Today is my first day sober. My last pill was taken yesterday, I was on Percocet for too years and found myself refilling scripts every ten days 10/325 also I was givin tramadol so when I was running low n one. Would substitute for the other. I had two shoulder surgeries with in 10 months of each other. The pain was horrible so I just took more and more not relizing the damage I was doing to my self.ni feel horrible rite now, please tell me this passes.

Thanks Joey[/QUOTE]

I am 10 days sober was taking tram for seven years worked my way up to 30 50 mg a day was in the er 12 days ago with hrtrate 106 bpm tried withdrawing ct this drug is made up of different things that stimulate serotonin in your brain as well as norpenepherine spelling? I took narcs also and withdrew from them years ago and it was nothing like this