Message from my son: very disturbing

Old 06-07-2012, 09:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Message from my son: very disturbing

SR family, below is a synopsis of the only contact I have had from JJ since 5-20. I don't have any idea where he is. I have said what is in my heart. Please send your prayers and any support you can. I love him, I cannot do anything else but pray now. Any Moms who have had similar experiences, please share your support, experience and help.
Love
Teresa

JJ:
Mom i cry a lot almost everyday. I don't want to even be alive or here on this earth. I might aswell not be here
ME: Will u check yourself into rehab and get help I can't do anything else except support recovery.
27 minutes ago: JJ I'm planning on overdose tonight. I've been saving money for the ocasion. Rehab doesn't work mom. I went to the hardest one and it didn't work.
I love you and i know you guys will do better without me
ME: How can you even think that telling me you are going to overdose is going to help? If I knew where you were I would call 911. I love you and if you do that you will forever kill my heart. You need help and only you can seek it. If you saved money to OD, then turn yourself into a Rehab where in your right mind you will see that life can be better. Love you JJ and I pray you God touches your heart. We won't do better without you, but we are not doing better with someone who takes our things and our trust. You need to find yourself again. My son JJ is better than this.
Rehab works only if you work it.
ME: There are tons of people who have beat heroin. YOU need to leave it behind. I know that Rehab teaches you the tools, you have to work them. I have learned that
I did not cause this
I cannot cure this
I cannot control this.
YOU can decide when your bottom is and find your way out. It is your choice.
JJ choose the right thing.
Love forever
Mom
Old 06-07-2012, 09:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

aww, sweetie, that just has to rip at your heart Mega prayers going out for you and ((JJ)).

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-07-2012, 09:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

T
I can't even count how many times I've had those exchanges with my son. It does rip at a mother's heart. It is the most helpless feeling. Trying to hold the balance between love, compassion and not enabling is difficult. The most important thing right now is that he knows that you love him.

JJ will be in my prayers tonight.......as will you.

gentle hugs from another Mom
ke
Old 06-07-2012, 09:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am strangely peaceful. I think because I finally believe I am POWERLESS>
Praise HP and the angels who watch out for our children.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Teresa, my heart goes out to you. I had a very similar text message exchange with my son, with him saying the same heartbreaking things that JJ has said. The next day, he initiated contact with a rehab center and I helped him get checked into it. Hopefully, your son will do the same. You might suggest to him that he pray to God about his situation, and remind him that God will help him.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Seeking, Thank you.
I know God is speaking to him and I myself had a miracle in my own life at age 21 that rescued me from a lifetime of crystal meth addiction. I know MY GOD is strong.
I had sent a few other messages to him before tonight saying God is much bigger than you are. JJ also knows who God is.
Bottom is where you find the ear to hear the little or booming voice that gives life to the miracle.
I love you all
TT
Old 06-07-2012, 09:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Dear Teresa -

I am just so sorry! My heart aches for you and JJ.

Please know God is with JJ right now....he is holding his hand in whatever choice JJ makes. I pray for divine intervention for both of you.

Please Dear Heavenly Father show this lost child of Yours the way to the truth.
Help us put our trust in You. You Lord are the greatest physician. You heal, You protect, You care, You love, You are kind, You are patient, You are thoughtful, You are strength. You Lord are our Creator.

You know our thoughts, our sighings and our cryings. You are Wonderful and make all good things for us. Please Heal JJ, if it be Your will.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

TT, words cannot express the sadness I feel for you and JJ right now. ((greatbigmammahugs))

Your words to him we're perfect, I will be praying that he heard you, felt your love, and that he makes the right choice.

No matter how bad things get I know my son knows I love him. I am certain JJ knows you love him too. Our love may not be able to stop them from abusing drugs but I do believe it can bring them comfort in their darkest hour. Know that you sent JJ virtual mamma love through your words and that those words were exactly what he needed right now.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

:ghug3 I am so, sorry your going through such pain. I will be praying for you and JJ.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

You're both in my thoughts and prayers
Old 06-07-2012, 09:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Keep the prayers coming.
Praise be to God
Whatever His will.
I am not the architect of my sons life.
God is.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

prayers being sent out for you and your son...
Old 06-07-2012, 10:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

God of mercy, we bless You in the Name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, Who ministered to all who came to Him. Give Your strength to JJ, one of Your children, enfold him in Your love and restore him to the freedom of God's children.

Lord, look with compassion on all those who have lost their health and freedom. Restore to them the assurance of Your unfailing mercy, strengthen them in the work of recovery, and help them to resist all temptation.

To those who care for them, grant patience and understanding and a love that perseveres. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen
Old 06-07-2012, 10:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am so sorry you are going through this. Prayers for you and your son.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sending you healing thoughts and love. Shedding tears here with you this has to be so difficult....but you are showing so much grace and peace in your responses to your son. I know he knows he is loved.....that is the best gift we can give to our children.

Hugs to you from another Mom....
Old 06-08-2012, 12:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. Now is time to let go completely. My husband is not in alignment so I also ask for prayers for his peace and well being.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:17 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

For JJ's Father ~

There is nothing easy about addiction, and the pains of addiction always ripple through the family.

I pray God gives you guidance and strength and you let God's grace and love flow through you. You have done all you can, it's time to leave the rest up to God. Trust in Him. He has not forsaken or forgotten.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:19 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Up with my son right now. We just said a prayer for your JJ. God is always with us.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:31 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I am so sorry,Teresa. I, too, have had similar exchanges with my son. One time he told me he was doing it right then as he sent me a text. Rips your heart out. I hope you were able to hold on to that peace last night and get some rest.
whaty
Old 06-08-2012, 04:41 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Teresa,
God has raised up many to intercede for you, JJ, and your family. I, like many others have had similar conversations with my son. JJ is in a fierce spiritual battle right now and it seems so very dark and scary but we know that the battle has been won, for Jesus himself said "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33