Notices

Starting over

Old 06-07-2012, 08:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting over

The title says it all. I drank last night. Im not going to go wallow over this, Im not going to feel like a failure. I have come a long way with this and I will continue to do so.
I do have a sense of resolve with alcohol. I have resolved once again, like the million times before that I cant drink. Nothing took place last night that warrants my walking the plank of shame. I went to bed early.....went to bed knowing drinking is not my friend.....
I am going to take myself out on a run and experience the mild hangover for what it is. This run will be hard to get through but it is worth the discomfort. A little healthy torture never killed anyone.
So, in a effort to be honest and to be accountable. I relapsed.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It happens...Learn from it...And move forward.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh and.....Don't drink today.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Today is a new day and a new start.

It might be good time to take a look at your recovery program (AA I see) and see what more you can do with it.

And yes, don't drink and dive deep into your recovery program/plan.

You can so do this recovery thing!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patrisha View Post
The title says it all. I drank last night. Im not going to go wallow over this, Im not going to feel like a failure. I have come a long way with this and I will continue to do so.
I do have a sense of resolve with alcohol. I have resolved once again, like the million times before that I cant drink. Nothing took place last night that warrants my walking the plank of shame. I went to bed early.....went to bed knowing drinking is not my friend.....
I am going to take myself out on a run and experience the mild hangover for what it is. This run will be hard to get through but it is worth the discomfort. A little healthy torture never killed anyone.
So, in a effort to be honest and to be accountable. I relapsed.
patrisha, are you going to AA meetings regularly? They saved (are saving) my life.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 06-07-2012, 09:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

@2granddaughters
I have been slacking in the meeting Dept. I know that daily attendance is crucial at this point in time. I have no excuses for this. I'm uncertain as to what came over me. The whole process was wrong. I didn't enjoy the experience then and I certainly do not enjoy the experience now.
So here I sit. I'm alive. I'm sober. I feel emotional over it ( the emotional hangovers were reasons enough for me to quit) I'm going to a meeting tonight.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi patrisha

So glad you made it back!!!

Are you able to recognize the slip before the slip...the one that happens in that space between the ears before the pick up? I hear in meetings if we can see that happening before we pick up we can sometimes prevent the relapse..

I know for me I don't have another come back so instead of "Keep coming back" I prefer to "STAY"

Peace on the journey today
Old 06-07-2012, 10:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fluttering View Post
I know for me I don't have another come back so instead of "Keep coming back" I prefer to "STAY"
Amen to that!
Old 06-07-2012, 10:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I did recognize the slip. I knew that I was putting the packing of my house, all the phone calls, the rearranging my whole life before my recovery. I was sensing that I needed a escape of some sort. There is a lot of juggling right now.
I give up. Why get in the ring with the opponent who always wins? Honestly, I really have no reason for relapsing. NONE......I have learned that this Sucks......I was doing so good. I can still do good. Scratch the first post. I feel like a a***ole.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patrisha View Post
I feel like a a***ole.
That's not we are...You know what you have to do...That's a good start. Now you just have to put that into action. At least you know you have plenty of people here to cheer you on.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks sapling. I thought that I would just keep on walking and not let my emotions run me over. As I now sit here in my bed, fog outside.....the tears are flowing like Niagara falls
I cant help but to feel some let down. I can see that I didn't reach out enough. I can see that the way I sm coping is not working. New game plan for me.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Nothing wrong with a good cry now and then....You won't have to pee as much. I'm glad you have a new game plan.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back Patrisha

D