Notices

A Pretty Cool New Sponsor

Old 06-06-2012, 07:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Pretty Cool New Sponsor

Called anf we talked and he said just open a book that meant something to me. Open to a random page and read a passage and take it in. This is what I got.

“There is a common misunderstanding among the human beings who have ever been born on earth that the best way to live is to try to avoid pain and just try to get comfortable. You see this even in insects and animals and birds. All of us are the some. A much more interesting, kind and joyful approach to life is to begin to develop our curiosity, not caring whether the object of our curiosity is bitter or sweet. To lead to a life that goes beyond pettiness and prejudice and always wanting to make sure that everything turns out on our own terms, to lead a more passionate, full, and delightful life than that, we must realize that we can endure a lot of pain and pleasure for the sake of finding out who we are and what this world is, how we tick and how our world ticks, how the whole thing just is. If we are committed to comfort at any cost, as soon as we come up against the least edge of pain, we’re going to run; we’ll never know what’s beyond that particular barrier or wall or fearful thing.”
― Pema Chödrön

Wow, right person, right time, right passage. Lot's of ways the door knocks even if I have to pick up the phone. If the phone is ringing don't bother knocking.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Lots of widom in that quote. This has to do with freedom from the boundaries of self. True freedom.