Notices

another day one....

Old 06-06-2012, 07:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

another day one....

im a slave to this voice telling me its ok to drink.........please help!!!!
Old 06-06-2012, 07:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

It's just your addiction pitching a fit and lying to you.... Cravings can be so uncomfortable, but they don't last forever. Get through it a minute at a time if you have to. I had so many cravings early on and I thought I'd go crazy, but I came here and read and read until they passed.

You posted - and that's awesome! Remember you're worth a happy, healthy life and alcohol will take that away - don't let it!!:ghug3
Old 06-06-2012, 07:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grateful AA member

One minute at a time. The disease of addiction is calling to you dont allow it to take over you. Stay strong cravings shall pass and you will be grateful you did not pick up.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sthurn View Post
im a slave to this voice telling me its ok to drink.........please help!!!!
I found I could get sober and stay sober in the fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous.

I wish you the best in your chosen program of recovery.

Bob R
Old 06-06-2012, 08:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

xa-speakers.org

take a listen
Old 06-06-2012, 09:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

since you already recognize it as a "voice" you're likely a good candidate for AVRT, if you haven't researched it already.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know that voice all too well. As artsoul says, that's your brain having a royal ****-fit over the fact that you're no longer supplying booze. For the time being, it's being brutal and just screaming in your face. After that, it'll get more subtle, telling you that you're cured now, so treat yourself to a drink. I'm personally getting used to the idea that that voice just might be around for a long time, and my job is to recognize it for what it is when I hear it.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

The way I stopped being a slave to that voice was to find support sthurn - whether it AA, Smart RR or another programme, or counselling, or rehab, or just using SR more regularly, you can change things.

I used to think I would die if I didn't listen to that voice - give yourself more credit than I did - you're a lot stronger than you think

D
Old 06-06-2012, 09:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

That voice, the addictive voice or the AV has no power without your consent. Keep posting here at SR and gain some inspiration and understand to keep you sober.

You can stop but you most likely need some help from others...SR members are here to help.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

As an alcoholic you have no control over how much you drink. What you do have control over is whether you drink or not. Alcohol is a poison to you. A deadly allergy. Treat it as such. It's a medical condition you must respect. Treat it as something that you simply have no control over. Drinking just isn't an option. I found help through AA. When the cravings were bad i went to a meeting or called someone. Having that option was great. I use SR in much the same fashion. Keep moving forward and remember that there is no moderation, only complete abstinence.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I know her well. At times subtle, at times aggressive, at times all sweetness and light, and at other times downright abusive. She only wants one thing, and she'll say anything to get it. All I can do is be aware of her and not let her tell me what to do.
At the weekend, she was very much in charge. Never again.