Notices

Temptation

Old 06-06-2012, 07:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Temptation

This was my toughest test in 13 days of sobriety. The past couple weeks I’ve been able to distract myself with little things like: remembering all the negatives, or going for a walk or bike ride, focusing on the upside. But nothing was working. My mind finally landed on SR and I thought about my dear friends in the Class of May 2012 and couple others in here that I’ve connected with recently. “Drive home!” I told myself. Just go home and get online with your SR family.

So I did. And the temptation passed. Thanks to all of you, especially my Class of May and other SR friends. Thank you to the founder of this website and all the folks who paved the way for us.

On another note, I got my toxicology report back. I’m happy to say the toxic people that were showing up in the report (including that beautiful wine-inhaling-woman-drinking partner). Turns out beauty really is sometimes barely skin deep. In the quest for sobriety, it helps to remove them from your life when they’re not supportive or understanding of your cause. Methinks.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your sneakers might not smell as good as the wine, but they are better for you.
"Better your own company, than bad company"
Old 06-06-2012, 07:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oops. I cut the first part of my original post off. This was my temptation:

Temptation had its hold on me this afternoon on the way home from work. I work on a hilltop in a rural area with beautiful views of mountains and the valley. As I wound my way back to the city, my history, my recent habits attacked me with a vengeance. I found myself wanting sushi, which led me to thinking about hot sake, which led me to thinking about tequila. Just bypass it all and get a bottle of Patron. That fond memory of taking the first gulp on an empty stomach was pulling hard. I could almost feel the warmth spread through my body.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am so happy for you crewisms. You are an inspiration.