Just venting.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Thumbs down Just venting.

Hi all. I just wanted to say it to someone. I got very mad at first. I did go & read some in my Alanon literature & that helped. I don't have a sponsor in Alanon yet & there is no Naranon here. I'm trying not to lose my temper on my husband. It does no good to say anything to him anyway, any more than it does any good to say a word to my addict son & I don't want to pour my negative feelings out on my daughter. She needs to get to have some unburdened happiness sometimes.

I'm frustrated because my AS's Daddy keeps giving him money that we don't have to spare. I was always the worst enabler & I'm still not real good at detachment, but I'm a wholoe lot better but hubby will not go to f2f meetings to get stronger. He's still where he was 17 yrs ago, when this all began. It is all harder for us AGAIN, because we have two baby grandsons in the mix. Their well-being is at stake with every decision. But I do know for a fact that he wasn't even thinking of them when he said yes to our grown 36 yr. old addict/alcoholic son's constant requests, w/sob stories, for money that is needed by them, he & his wife, because he can't hold down a job. I'm just needing to release these feelings I have towards them both & I knew that all of you would understand how I feel. Thank you all for listening & for just being here for me to be able to talk to.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

A grandma's worst nightmare I can't tell you how sorry I am....I don't know how I would begin to cope. You sound like you're doing very well considering all you have on your plate. We're glad you're here. (((Hugs)))
Old 06-06-2012, 07:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

:ghug3

vent away!!
Old 06-06-2012, 07:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It's hard, Nina Kay, when once we get the hang of doing this recovery thing, finding others just step in where we left off.

I know your frustration, anger and pain, really I do.

Great big hugs from my heart to your.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Nina~~~

I wish I had the right advice or words to say, I don't, but I want you to know I'm sorry you are having a tough time right now. I do wish you all the best and will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers~~~~
Old 06-06-2012, 11:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wishing you peace,Nina.
We all understand.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes it's really hard when they do have real financial needs. It's a fine line between enabling and helping. I'm struggling with the same concept with my AB, well the whole family is. Thanks for sharing. It helps.