Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

applied to detox, daytox.. out patient councilling , everything takes so long

Notices

Old 06-06-2012, 04:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi, i am looking for friends who r in the same boat, i dont want to use any more.. i have been to local na meetings , on waiting lists for care council and detox... the na meetings in my area are terible, just wait.. its becouse most are court ordered and dont want to be there .. is there anyone looking for a friend to get through??
Old 06-06-2012, 04:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

you'll find lots of friends here fight
Have you tried all the meetings in your area? I hear tell some are different to others

D
Old 06-06-2012, 04:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((fight)) - welcome to SR! Though I never did detox, I've read enough here to realize it IS a long process. I've been on SR for years, have made many friends here and have a little over 5 years in recovery. I know that back when I went to NA there were a lot of people who didn't want to be there. Though crack was my DOC, I actually did better with AA. There were more meetings and activities and I wasn't the only addict in there. I just respected what AA is for and used "pick up" instead of "smoking the pipe" or whatever. I don't go to meetings any more, though I would if what I'm doing stops working. SR has been a huge aid in my recovery.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-06-2012, 05:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thx guys

Its gonna be so hard , i quit drinking nov21 2007 almost five years, relapsed on white mid last year now its teeth have me so tight i cant stop , im tring everything... nice to know someone heard me .
Old 06-06-2012, 05:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

And is there anyone in the lowermain land that wants to do a run, talk and get sober? oh and coffee of course
Old 06-06-2012, 09:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome to SR!

Maybe try a few AA meetings as suggested by Amy? I know my alcoholism showed up in other substances.

Glad you are here!
Old 06-07-2012, 05:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fight View Post
Hi, i am looking for friends who r in the same boat, i dont want to use any more.. i have been to local na meetings , on waiting lists for care council and detox... the na meetings in my area are terible, just wait.. its becouse most are court ordered and dont want to be there .. is there anyone looking for a friend to get through??
Some of my best sober buddies started out as court ordered attendees. The seed got planted and they stayed.

You say you quit drinking, are you going to AA meetings? Same 12 Steps to help you.
There will be quality oldtimers at your NA meetings, just seek them out and hang with them. Don't get easily discouraged. There is lots of good sobriety on the Lower Mainland for you to latch on to.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 06-09-2012, 10:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

man a couple days in and im craving like crazy... everyone laughing having fun, im off on the computer writing in here..... man my head
Old 06-09-2012, 10:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

The first few dars really are the worst. It's all about getting over that initial hump. As suggested, check out some AA meetings. There's so many more of them and you're more likely to find a group you're more comfortable with.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

man a couple days in and im craving like crazy... everyone laughing having fun, im off on the computer writing in here..... man my head
I know Fight its tough seven days sober and my head I know its tough.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yes looking for support to get thru this I got a DUI on April 21 2012 legal stress and quitting drinking the past 7 days.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

The first days are the hardest so be strong. This is my first week sober and it's been tough but I find if I come to SR there's always someone online that'll talk and offer support. Glad ur here!
Old 06-09-2012, 10:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

It will get easier Fight.
Always support around here

D