Notices

It's been a very, very, very special day.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's been a very, very, very special day.

I got up, I showered, I got dressed, I ran some errands, I made the bed, I did dishes, straightened the living room, listened to music, called my mom, hooked up with SR, did a little meditation, ate some food, talked to a neighbor, didn't drink. Its been a very, very, very special day. May tomorrow be just as special. Namaste
Old 06-06-2012, 02:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad today was a good one Fitz

D
Old 06-06-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A very very special day until I started watching the Movie "Everything Must Go", that tore some bandages off but must be a reason I'm watching it. It just kind of popped up. Always lessons, even on Netflix. I hope all are well. Peace
Old 06-06-2012, 03:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I feel ya, Fritz! I got up, showered, put on makeup, unpacked some more boxes from the move, organized some around the house, took myself out to lunch, drove up to my old roomie's place for another carload of stuff (almost got everything!) and got to my chiropractor. Gotta run to the grocery store so i can cook my first dinner in our new place (baked acorn squash) and do more unpacking. Isn't it wonderful how just having a mundane, productive day is such a wonderful thing now? When i was drinking i was lucky to get showered and make dinner. Now this almost feels like a lazy day for me! Just wow. Is this really my life? Sobriety is such a gift. I hope i never take it for granted.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I saw the movie, Fitz! I thought Will Ferrell did a wonderful job of that portrayal. Many two-hanky moments for me in that film, but I loved it.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

It's amazing how just basic things we do can get us through the day! You just made a VERY important point - keep busy!! It's what's been keeping me going these last few days. Here's to another special day tomorrow. Namaste.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MycoolFitz View Post
A very very special day until I started watching the Movie "Everything Must Go", that tore some bandages off but must be a reason I'm watching it. It just kind of popped up. Always lessons, even on Netflix. I hope all are well. Peace
ooo I saw that --with Wil Ferrel?---yeah that hit home for me. Im sure I was drunk when I watched it. I remember getting that "icky" feeling knowing that was me on the screen.

Glad you had a good day!

Old 06-06-2012, 04:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OklaBH View Post
ooo I saw that --with Wil Ferrel?---yeah that hit home for me. Im sure I was drunk when I watched it. I remember getting that "icky" feeling knowing that was me on the screen.

Glad you had a good day!

Yea, instead of making my bed tomorrow morning I'm going to an early bird meeting. I so much remember my garage sale just getting rid of everything but I took a lot to Salvation Army. Still good but also humanly fragile. Recovery is a roller coaster ride. Keep seat belts fastened and don't jump up to high till you know the ride
Old 06-06-2012, 09:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~sb