Notices

7 days!

Old 06-06-2012, 11:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

7 days!

It's finally here. Day 7. I'm feeling good and haven't had many cravings for alcohol. SR has really helped me this week, I am glad that I stumbled upon it. There are several people that have been supportive of this choice in my life, there are also the naysayers that have driven me that much more.

I went through my first sober birthday in around 15 years (30th) just yesterday. After all of the trials and tribulations that I experienced the past 10 years I feel that I will be able to finally get ahead in life now that I am sober.

Since I quit, the opportunities in life have been growing exponentially. I now have three interviews lined up for new jobs closer to my children, who I have been unable to spend nearly the amount of time with that I need to since I have been working out of town for the past three years.

My mind has been clear and I have been accomplishing nearly every task that I apply myself to. I know that I will run into many stressful situations in the future, but now I am prepared to deal with them instead of escaping through alcohol and drugs. I can now be there for my children at all times instead of the rare times that I am not drinking.

I just wanted to post this to thank those of you who support everyone on here and elsewhere that knows what it is like to struggle with addiction. It's a tough road but it feels good to know that you are not the only person on it.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great on the 7 days, just keep moving forward.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job, keep it up, it only gets better!
Old 06-06-2012, 11:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 7 days and happy belated birthday

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-06-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations

D