Notices

Day 1...again

Old 06-06-2012, 08:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1...again

I didn't make it yesterday. I used my support system backwards. I called a friend AFTER one bottle of wine to come over and help me avoid #2. I think next time I will call before the first one. I really need to find a sponsor soon. I think that will make a big difference because it's easy to BS the nonalcoholic, but not so much someone who has been there, done that, and gotten sober.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for being honest, and great that you are on Day 1 again right away! I made the mistake of relapsing one night and was feeling so complacent that I didn't stop it right there and then, and begin Day 1 right there and then. Sadly that led to two months more of drinking and therefore I too am on Day 1 today. So hang in there, and be proud that you are able to do what I wasn't!
Old 06-06-2012, 08:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is what you posted yesterday...You have to learn from this.

My plan is if I feel I want to drink, I'll go to a meeting. If I still want to drink after that, I can. Usually, that is the last thing I want after looking at people in the eye, sharing, and hearing their stories of whoa. I plan to go to a 6:00 and hope I can hold out till then

It's like you could see it coming. I'd recommend getting a sponsor. It helped me a lot.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You have to commit to AA.

It's far easier to use AA to keep you out of harm's way rather than to get you out of harm's way.

There is no substitute for a good Home Group, sponsor and Higher Power. Ask any oldtimer ...

(you aren't BS'ing a non-alcoholic, you are just BS'ing yourself.)

All the best.

Bob R
Old 06-06-2012, 10:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ya, I didn't make it to the meeting. I kind of wish I wasn't going on this cruise that has been planned by my in laws forever. I feel like I have the motivation going, trying to meet people and get serious about the steps with a sponsor. The bright side is I haven't made it 3 nearly 4 days in forever. With my hubby by my side on the cruise, perhaps we'll have so much fun that upon returning I'll be refreshed, clear headed and ready to dive in. That would make a week and a half with no booze, so my head should start clearing and I'll have broken the routine I've had at home for so many years.
I feel horrible that with him gone ONE night, I couldn't trust myself alone. Maybe I'm deeper into this than I thought I was. Just because I haven't lost everything yet or been in trouble with the law doesn't make it less serious.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hardtofind View Post
Maybe I'm deeper into this than I thought I was. Just because I haven't lost everything yet or been in trouble with the law doesn't make it less serious.
No it doesn't...We cross a line...I didn't even see it coming. There are two ways you can go. There really is no in between. Good luck on the cruise...Just try and get through it a day at a time.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Quote :Maybe I'm deeper into this than I thought I was. Just because I haven't lost everything yet or been in trouble with the law doesn't make it less serious. "

Please read my signature. It says it all
Old 06-06-2012, 03:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

"I think next time I will call before the first one"
do this instead.
next time I will call before the first one

"I really need to find a sponsor soon"
do this instead
i will get a sponsor now.

"I think that will make a big difference"
say this instead
"it will make a big difference."