Notices

Daily Thread for June 6

Old 06-06-2012, 03:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Daily Thread for June 6

Hey everyone!

I'm going to try starting a daily thread where we can post our plans for that day, how we will deal or how we dealt with any challenges, and the "expererienced" sober people can offer feedback and suggestions on any daily plans posted.

I think writing my plan for the day on here will helpe to stick to it, and this type if format may work for you too!

Today I am going to go for a run before work, and ride my bike to work. It feels great to start the day off with exercise! I work both jobs today so I'm not done until 830pm, but because I'm riding my bike, there is no hance of stopping at the liquor store or a drive through as used to be my routine.
When I get home, I'll have a small snack, and read a book before heading to bed!

Pretty good day thanks to working so much! Tomorrow wil be tougher. What are you all up to today?
Old 06-06-2012, 03:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good morning Ang---In about 20 minutes I will get ready for work. I shouldve exercised but Ive been reading on SR --LOL

Work, AA at lunchtime, tonight I am making chicken alfredo, laundry & bedtime!

No matter what I will be sober!
Old 06-06-2012, 03:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good mornIng! Exercise is a life saver for me too. I am about to head out for a run this morning, and then later i will run, walk, or ride my bike this evening.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm not going to drink today...I know that. I have two meetings today. My morning homegroup meeting and one tonight that some friends and I take to a smaller town to try and help some people out there...It's a good roadtrip. I just want to say you are doing great Angela...Keep at it....Don't worry about tomorrow being tougher...Just don't drink today.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good idea!

That's a great idea Angela, I need all the help I can get. Day 1 myself and today it is about reminding myself about why i don't WANT to drink. I think that some exercise and meditation is good too- I resolve to do an half hour of meditation and a half hour walk when it is drink time.

I just posted this in my newcomer's intro post:

Right now, I don't want to think so far into the future, it is just one day at a time, one minute at a time. It is only about 12 noon so I will post again when it is drink time (earlier and earlier these days about 3pm). Let me remember these things

- The challenge is not 'not drinking', it is about loving me and taking care of me, and believing in something bigger, and so why not?
- I really like the high I have when I am sober and living moment to moment
- That high is much better than the high of alcohol
- I want to feel fit and sexy again
- I admit that I have a problem, I am addicted to alcohol
- Alcohol is poison and I don't want to poison myself
- Overcoming this addiction creates an opportunity for me to live spiritually and practice moment to moment awareness
- Forgiving myself, over and over, is an act of self-love
- Not drinking, again and again, is an act of self love
- I have quit cold turkey twice before and it was way easier than I thought!
- I love not having an addiction and tied to something like a slave
- The cravings go away after a while
- I love not having to think about alcohol or worse, revolve my day around it
- I want to relive the days (when I quit) that I don't even THINK about drinking after some time
- I WANT TO LOVE AND CARE FOR MYSELF AGAIN! I WANT TO BE RIDICULOUSLY HAPPY AGAIN!

Let me re-read this list over and over to have the strength not to drink today. Just today. Just today. Just today.

(would love to hear YOUR own encouragement for what has worked for you too- let's support each other!):
Old 06-06-2012, 04:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Going to work in 39 secs, had 3 lovely days off ugg Bye !
Old 06-06-2012, 04:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Luling View Post
Good mornIng! Exercise is a life saver for me too. I am about to head out for a run this morning, and then later i will run, walk, or ride my bike this evening.
Reading on SR kept me from exercising this morning---HAHAHA typical alcholic - its always someone or somethings fault !
Old 06-06-2012, 06:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great idea Angela. After drinking for the past few days (not a full fledged binge, but any drinking is too much) I am getting myself back on track today.
After a busy week, I don't have much going on today and that's fine with me. Going to work out on my treadmill, clean up and organize around the house, and spend some time with my children. They have friends coming over tonight to sleep over, and I will be dead sober for it, the way I should be.
OklahBh, I can't tell you how many mornings I chose SR over exercise! Today I don't work so I have no excuse
Old 06-06-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

How did everyone do today with sticking to their plan?

I did well! I wasn't able to ride my bike home because it was raining by the time I finished work but I got a ride, came home, and made a healthy dinner! Now I'm just catching up on SR posts but I feel great after a good healthy day!