Another month of NC w my XABF has come & gone

Old 06-05-2012, 06:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another month of NC w my XABF has come & gone

And while im proud of my own strength, I can still feel the anger & sadness bubbling up in me because he has not tried in any way, shape or form to reach out to our son: no calls to check up on him or request to spend time with him. With Father’s day just around the corner all I can do is roll my eyes and try not to cry. Im tired of feeling upset because HE couldn’t or shall I say, WOULDN’T step up to the plate. Im tired of basically posting about the same thing over and over again on here as well, but I love my son so much and it hurts that he loves & misses the A so much but the A could careless that he exists. I used to ask myself all the time (not as much these days), “how can he go so long without seeing our son?” I wouldn’t be able to do it for more than 24hrs! “How can he go day to day, week to week not thinking about him?” The alcoholic mind is disgusting. This situation is tragic. Sorry for rambling. I just wish I could FEEL as strong as I pretend to be…
Old 06-05-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow.. I could have written that post myself. My AXBF whom I have a 3 year old little girl with has not contacted me once or made one single phone call or effort to see his daughter in 21 months. After we broke up 21 months ago, he ran off to Arizona with another woman who is also an alcoholic. Your post describes EXACTLY how I feel. I CANNOT grasp how someone could sleep at night and go day after day after day, week after week, NOT seeing or talking to their own child. You are not alone. And I wish you strength, love, healing, and support.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I wish you the same for you sasha. & the reason our A 's can go on about their business with no regard for our kids is bc they are drunks! Who cares about the kids when youve got booze right!? Such a crock of s**t. Ugh
Old 06-05-2012, 10:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Selfish and totally self centered! I recall my EXABF saying he was going to start worrying only about himself. He was tired of sporting about others. I thought....isn't that what you've always done. This is a man that only pays child support when they take it from his check. Owes back support buys a Harley. Doesn't call his daughter...more pf a friend to his son than a father. Really!