Notices

I am beside myself...

Old 06-04-2012, 07:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am beside myself...

I am now sober 10 days and counting. my drug of choice was red wine... My husband is an alcoholic binges on weekends and uses marijuana every day all day on the weekends. I called him today to see how his day was going... He was crying. HE DIDN'T GO TO WORK AND WAS FIRED!! I have a part time job, but HE was the sole provider for our family! Thoughts of losing our house, food, stability, etc. IS DRIVING ME CRAZY! He says he is going to stop and he wants me to "give him small amounts of his weed" to control his intake and help him ween off.... I don't know how to help him when I am working on myself... just venting...
Old 06-04-2012, 07:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Ouch..... That's rough. It could lead to better things in the long run (esp. if your husband decides to get clean), but I know how much of a stress financial stuff is. I've been on the edge of disaster for several years (since the economic downturn).

Just don't drink over it, no matter what....... It will make everything worse. There are things you and your husband can do (talk to the bank, file for unemployment assistance, etc.). Take a deep breath - you can get through this.....:ghug3
Old 06-04-2012, 08:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Very true artsoul...Sound advice....This is something drinking won't make any better. It could be a blessing in disguise...He should probably give up the Pot too....But do the best you can with what you got right now. You can get through this without alcohol...Be strong and take it a day at a time.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry you are going through this kind of stress at this stage of your recovery. Hopefully this is what it will take for you husband to give up his alcohol and weed. Just take care of yourself in all this, and remember that you have friends here.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're going through this and I hope that you can stay strong through this crisis and hopefully your husband will see that he needs to make some changes.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh no. That is awful. Can you get full time work? Sobriety is the only way yo get through this. :ghug3
Old 06-05-2012, 04:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hulloworld82,
this is tough and I appreciate what you must be going through. I hope you can find the strength to not pick up a drink. stick to your guns, each sober hour, day, week will build up your strength and gather momentum.
love
caiHong
Old 06-05-2012, 04:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Hello World - that has to be rough.
I hope tho, like others, that this might be a turning point for you both?

best wishes,
D
Old 06-05-2012, 04:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

I am so sorry to hear this, but as Sapling said, it could be a blessing in disguise. Some of us need a good kick in the pants to realize that the way we're living can only bring hardship in many, many forms.

There are always going to be trying times in life but the best way to handle them is to handle them sober. Stay away from that wine, girlfriend, and remind yourself what you're striving for. There is no problem on this planet that alcohol won't make worse!