Counting my blessings :-)

Old 06-04-2012, 03:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Counting my blessings :-)

I am so lucky today. I have a beautiful daughter who is worth all the heartbreak in all the land to protect her. I have a lovely home and I was very lucky to get it from a housing association- for those who aren't in the UK, that means its about 40% cheaper rent that a private landlord, and my repairs etc are done immediately. I have an incredible sponsor, I seriously would have been face down in a ditch if I hadn't met her in January. I have the services of a DV centre, which is amazing and I LOVE. I have my best friend back- we lost touch for 2-3 years because of my shame and guilt and largely the actions of my ex to isolate me. I have my health, which is wonderful because for years I struggled with bulimia and self harm. I have a program which is really helping me to grow as a person. I have my sister who is like a best friend. I have lovely, kind grandparents who are in their 70s and still came over to help me move house. I have my safety, I can go to bed tonight and know I am not going to be woken by a knife wielding raging lunatic. I can wake up in the morning without fear or anxiety or panic attacks. I can do what I want, say what I want and live how I want to. I can talk to my neighbours?! Today I spent an hour outside talking to the lady next door while our daughters played together. I used to avoid my neighbours eyes because they knew and I knew what was going on in my home. I can phone someone when I need help or a friendly voice. I can play with my daughter without worrying about waking my ex up from his drug induced coma style sleep.
I'm lucky. I don't have much right now in material terms but I have everything I need. I am do so grateful to FA, to my higher power and to SR. I'm exactly where I need to be, exactly when I need to be here.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Great post Windmills!

So many blessings await you! Stay strong and true to you beautiful self and little Daisy! God Bless!
Old 06-04-2012, 07:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Just Keep Swimming

Great thread! Happiness is all about perspective. This is a great reminder that we all have things to be thankful for!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm so happy for you! I hope your proud of the life you have and the strength you carry. This brought tears to my eyes, good for you windmills
Old 06-04-2012, 09:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Beautiful. Thank you.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you I know I still have a long way to go but at this point people are noticing- the manager of my DV centre commented on how I can make/keep eye contact during a conversation, and I can actually participate in that conversation! Its been about 4 months since I met her I guess, and I have worked HARD in those months!
You know, I used to think happiness was about money and material items. Then I thought happy was about my ex changing into the wonderful man I 'knew' he could be. Now happiness looks like watching The Little Mermaid at 7am and eating toast with Daisy knowing we can go back to bed for a nap soon (It's a bank holiday here for the jubilee!)