Notices

headache

Old 06-04-2012, 10:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question headache

Hi people,
second post today I feel kind of lost this is my 3rd day of nurofen plus and for the last half hour or so i seem to have received an energy boost my stomach is going and i feel shakey though i feel i want to talk and talk is this normal?
Old 06-04-2012, 11:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Please see a doctor
Old 06-04-2012, 11:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

doctor?

done that and he told me to taper 1 tab 1 day at a time ha tried that didnt work. Anyway he also referred me to the local addiction team i have an appointment on thursday morn. I am going cold turkey cause i want to be clean when i see them. i never mentioned I am also a recovering alcoholic 3 and a half years sober now so the pain i am experiencing I know will pass It's just that it is horrible. thanks for the advice though
Old 06-04-2012, 11:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

In my opinion, taking and being addicted to codeine isn't being sober. My alcoholism can show up in other substances.

Did you ask the doctor about the headache?
Old 06-04-2012, 11:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

Due to its euphoric and other narcotic-like effects, individuals are apt to become addicted and dependent to Codeine. Even patients who are legitimately treated with Codeine for pain can very easily become addicted to the drug. These individuals may no longer take the drug for pain, but because they cannot make it through the day without taking it. The longer someone takes Codeine, the more their body will become use to it. This dependence causes the individual to have to take high levels of the drug to achieve the desired effect. Thus, when patients are asked to terminate the use of Codeine, or when individuals who are abusing the drug try and quit, they will exhibit Codeine withdrawal symptoms. Codeine withdrawal symptoms are similar to those experienced in heroin withdrawal. The effects are so similar, that a heroin addict may try and get their hands on codeine to ward off the effects of a withdrawal.

The symptoms of Codeine withdrawal are the same as other opiate narcotics including morphine, heroin, and Vicodin. Codeine withdrawal typically starts within 12-24 hours after the last dose. Acute withdrawal symptoms peak between 48 and 72 hours and generally subside within a week; however, withdrawal syndrome can potentially affect a person for weeks or months after the initial Codeine withdrawal phase. Withdrawal from codeine is rarely fatal, though this is largely dependent upon the individual's health. The severity of Codeine withdrawal symptoms depends on the dosage and length of time the individual has been using the drug. Withdrawal begins within six hours of the last dose and can be experienced for up to one week. The symptoms of Codeine withdrawal are extremely unpleasant, and can exacerbate other conditions. This is why it is always best to undergo Codeine withdrawal under the supervision of trained professionals at a long-term inpatient drug treatment and rehab facility.

Codeine withdrawal symptoms include but are not limited to:

Abdominal cramps
Diarrhea
Vomiting
Intense pain in the body
Tremors
Excessive sweating
Anxiety
Insomnia
Muscle cramps with spasms
Body chills
Goose bumps
Paranoia
Muscle spasms
Agitated and aggressive behavior
Increased heart rate
Hyperactivity
Dilated pupils
Runny nose and eye
Depression
Loss of appetite
Old 06-04-2012, 01:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

cheers for that advice though matter of opinion on the sober question and cant afford another stint in rehab done that 3 years ago family commitments dictate that. Cold Turkey only way Ive got my prayers and stubborness to do this, also never mentioned that i havnt went through the 12 step yet start that after i get through this week.