Update on my "New" life

Old 06-04-2012, 05:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on my "New" life

Hello Everyone!

It's been several weeks since I've posted anything on here but I've still been here in the background checking in here and there. I've had court several times this past month. Those have read my previous posts know all about the repossession of the truck and what took place there...well, we went to court over that and neither my XAH or his brother gave the pleasure of showing their faces so the judge threw the charges against me and my father out the window. Yayy there!

Well, the following day, we had our divorce hearing and being as XAH didn't show the day before I figured he probably wouldn't be there either but the devil reared his ugly head and there he stood in the courtroom. Ugh! Things proceeded nicely though with his attorney claiming he couldn't stay and try to get this resolved (been going on for 10 months now) because he had to be in court elsewhere. XAH stood there grinning because he thought nothing would be done and it would just continue to be an ongoing battle to get rid of him but my lawyer went and spoke to the judge and told her that this had been going on long enough and it was time something be done. Judge granted me my divorce (bifurcate divorce), got the child support set up, and said we would work out everything else at a later hearing...XAH was speechless.

I just smiled and walked out of the courtroom with relief-finally the burden has been lifted off of my shoulders and the last little bit of control he "felt" he had over me is gone. Now, that being said. I'm happier than I've ever been. Getting my weight back under control, working on quitting the cigarette habit, and going out and rebuilding my social life with my friends and family. I do have a special "guy" in my life (other than my precious little boy) and we're just taking it slow and seeing where it leads down the road. I feel truly blessed!!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 06:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Good for you. I'm sure that took some of the wind out of his sails.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

You are blessed!

I wish you a beautiful life ahead!!

I'm feeling your happiness
Old 06-04-2012, 09:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Survivor

Thanks for sharing the awesome news. Go you!
Old 06-04-2012, 11:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ahhh...another happy post! Another sign of a light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for sharing!

Go you!
Old 06-04-2012, 11:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yay! Congrats on your new life!!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 01:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Old 06-04-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ah I'm so pleased for you
Old 06-05-2012, 07:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I just want to say thank you to each and every one of you on this forum...I have learned so much from this place. It helped first and foremost understand that I was not "alone" and that was very important. I needed to know that I wasn't completely insane and if I was then maybe there were other insane people out there...lol. Within a few posts, I knew SR was home and would lead me the most in my recovery because of having others support and knowing that everyone actually deep down to the core "UNDERSTOOD" where I had been and what I was trying to escape. It has been one heck of a ride and I just had to get off that rollercoaster of misery. Again, thank you all for your kind words and support.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

YAY YOU!!!! The only thing that post was missing was a picture of his dumbfounded face in the courtroom. lol! I remember your original post and I am so happy everything got resolved. I bet your dad is too!