Notices

Recovery Centers

Old 06-03-2012, 01:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Recovery Centers

Can anyone do me a favor and suggest a recovery center near
Old 06-03-2012, 01:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So sorry really drunk... But I'm getting my but up to go. Recovery center near LA?
Old 06-03-2012, 01:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have no personal experience, but I can recommend the Treatment Facility National Database site:

Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator

Enter your location and you'll get a lot of hits around LA I'm sure...each result has a brief description, outline, contact details etc

I really hope you'll follow through eh1988.

D
Old 06-03-2012, 02:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I will. My cousin is going to pick me up in the morning. I told her to make me go no matter what. She will
Old 06-03-2012, 02:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wishing you all the best, eh1988. Take care of yourself.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey eh...Are you looking at In Patient rehab?...30 day?...It's still going to come down to what you do when you get out to continue sobriety that counts...That's just the way it is. They give you a safe place to detox and get your head de fogged...Evaluations and some tools to get you started...But you're still going have to do the follow up on your own...I know I did it. I did a 30 day In Patient and they introduced us to AA....I'm grateful for that...But I didn't have insurance...So I left 2 weeks early to save myself some money and I poured myself into AA....I wanted it to work. I got invited back to my 6th month reunion at this rehab...Out of 40 of us there...I was one of 4 that showed up. I got 11 months sober right now...And I've done that with a good sponsor...My friends in AA...Working the steps...And this site. It's something to consider...While you are looking at a recovery center...What they are going to recommend for permanent aftercare. I read where 17% of the people in California in 12 step recovery are in Los Angeles...That just tells me they must have some incredible AA there. Good luck to you. Anything is possible if you want it bad enough.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Sapling... Yes I do want it bad enough. I don't think I need detox as I've had a lot of sober days behind me before this relapse but yea I'll be doing in patient... I need to stay away for a while. Feel bad for my girl.... On top of what we've gone through I'm doing this to her now....
Old 06-03-2012, 02:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

She took you to a meeting didn't she?...What happened with that?
Old 06-03-2012, 04:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Same stuff.... I didn't really relate to anyone. They were all older... I guess it made me realize that I'm gonna get to that point if i don't make a change. A permanent change!
Old 06-03-2012, 04:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by eh1988 View Post
Same stuff.... I didn't really relate to anyone. They were all older... I guess it made me realize that I'm gonna get to that point if i don't make a change. A permanent change!
It's all how you look at it eh...I was drawn to the older people...Those were the ones that knew how it worked. And all I wanted...Was for people that knew how it worked...To show me how.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I don't even have anything with me. Just the clothes on my back and phone in my pocket....
Old 06-03-2012, 04:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'd bring some more clothes...They might hold your phone for awhile.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks again Sapling... You've helped a lot. You too Dee! Still feeling fuzzy... Shakes are starting to kick in. I think it's just knowing I can't drink anymore. Tired of this feeling! Been through this too many times.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
I'd bring some more clothes...They might hold your phone for awhile.
I'm expecting that :/ scary feeling
Old 06-03-2012, 04:41 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I was drinking in the back of a cab on my way there...I was terrified. I felt safe when I got there....I knew I was giving up. Keep an open mind and open ears.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:44 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I got to go to a meeting...Good luck to you.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:46 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Spiritual Learner

You will need a detox first to comedown from drinking or that feeling of being drunk however you want to put it, find a detox near you if you had a bunch of sober days and you say you are shaking it is not when tyou come down when you have to worry it is when the alcohol is completely out of your system, that will be when seizures might occur and might possibly medication is needed, you will not be able to get into a treaetment centers program feeling buzzed or have any kind of substances in your system. There is nothing wrong with a safe environment while you come down there are people who can help you and detox is generally free and they will refer you to a treatment center if they don't have one, I did work in a detox center so I hope this helped you move in a healthier direction!
Old 06-03-2012, 04:52 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks brother. I was drinking in the back of a cab just to get to this crappy hotel too. Kept asking the guy if it was ok to crack a can open. He agreed to help me upstairs for an extra 20 bucks. Wow .... I'm so low. I needed help just to get up here.... It's finally hitting me that I'm really at rock bottom.... The alcohol doesn't do the trick anymore. It only makes me stumble and slur.... No more numbness or chilled out feeling.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:22 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

eh, you are in my thoughts today i hope you get to the rehab and then straight into aa.
i am also a lot younger than many of the people in my AA meetings, but like sapling, i'm drawn to them. lots of good life experience as well as good sobriety that many are willing to share
there are also many young peoples AA meetings- at least in my area...i would imagine LA must have some as well. many people who've been in AA for a while will have info on what groups tend to have a younger crowd and will steer you to the good meetings.
i wish you all the best. dig deep, and remember how you felt last night when you posted. don't focus on the big picture, just get through today. sober.
xoxo
Old 06-03-2012, 05:30 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
4ml

Good luck... 88.

You seem like a bright kid.

Follow your heart... my friend.