Notices

I am a alcoholic, trying not to be a perfectionist.

Old 06-02-2012, 05:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I am a alcoholic, trying not to be a perfectionist.

Hey all I hope everyone is doing well is such a battle.

I am a state where I am trying so hard to do things because I cant do them to perfection. Most of us alkies have this terrible thought process. To use the excuse of not being able to do something to perfection perfectly to enable to nothing at all. I pretend to be a perfectionists, as so I thought, I am so good at things. Like having my own restaurant I should of had it many years ago, but drinking and drugging came first. So in doing so I waved at the many chances to rise in my business that I do truly love. I somehow did make it far but no where near my potential.

My AA program is helping learn and make me better at not to sweat being perfect just be me.And that has been not good enough but better, my cooking is better than ever , breathing, excerise, just all around life is so much better than fighting that daily battle of how to feel better with another drink. For over ten years that is what I did every day got up to drink to survive, once i went through so many times of detox, I hope I finally have what:ghug3crisis I hit meetings like crazy. Being blessed to be in Cleveland there are 1,200 a week, no excuse. I dont drive still so I walk many miles to them which is very theraputic also. Save yourself people, stop making excuses and try something new. To many I read here always say they are not sure of AA.

So be some are not ready for that route. But dont say until you try the taste of it.
:ghug

Good love, Inda.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks for shareing....glad to know your progress continues...
Old 06-02-2012, 06:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Encourager In Training

Originally Posted by IndaMiricale View Post
...just all around life is so much better than fighting that daily battle of how to feel better with another drink.
Amen and amen.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great post Inda...Thank you.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

great stuff. it has been a fight to calm down on the perfectionism for me. today i strive for perfection and try to accept progress. its gettin gooder!
Old 06-02-2012, 07:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I resemble that post, Inda! I'm working on remembering every day that sometimes "it" whatever "it" is, is indeed good enough! Quite a lesson for this old dog