Notices

Letting DCF know that I am sober

Old 06-02-2012, 11:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Letting DCF know that I am sober

I am in a small community where tharer are only 2 meeting held per week. My child is in the custody of DCFS, and they want me to make as many meetings as possible each week. Is there any way that the moderator could maybe send me an e-mail verifying that I attend meetings? It would help greatly. Please let me know if anyone can help. Jessesma (jesse's ma) Chris
Old 06-02-2012, 12:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jessesma View Post
I am in a small community where tharer are only 2 meeting held per week. My child is in the custody of DCFS, and they want me to make as many meetings as possible each week. Is there any way that the moderator could maybe send me an e-mail verifying that I attend meetings? It would help greatly. Please let me know if anyone can help. Jessesma (jesse's ma) Chris
moderator of what?
getting a paper signed or an email wont show anyone yer sober.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The moderators here won't do that, jessesma, for many reasons.

My suggestion would be to attend both meetings, and tell whoever you report to that you have also sought support on-line.

Good luck.

Ann
S. R. Moderator
Old 06-02-2012, 12:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

What you can do, is carry a small notebook, almost like a journal. When you go to a meeting, write down the following:

"I attended the tuesday night AA meeting at 8pm on 6/5/12"

and then ask the secretary or the chairperson of the meeting (they are not moderators, lol) if they would kindly sign it for you. Most will oblige you, especially if you tell them that you are going not only for yourself, but are keeping a record for DCFS in the hopes it will help you get your child back.

It will probably help, but what will help more are your actions on a daily basis, your change in your attitudes, and how you express yourself, your clear eyes and your healthy skin. The social workers will SEE the changes in you.

Welcome to recovery!!!!!!!!!

Love and hugs,
Old 06-02-2012, 01:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

DCF and sobriety

Thank you all so much.....I was just hoping that I could come to online meetings as well as the two here locally, just to let them know that I am doing MORE than what they are requiring....really, I suppose anyone could do this if they were willing to send me an e-mail after the meetings...is there a chairperson at the meetings? I really appreciate your advice and assistance....thank you! Chris
Old 06-02-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Have you checked surrounding communities for meetings?
I live in the country and meetings are not a reality out here. I have found meetings in the city and in some smaller towns out and about. Some places in the city have 4 or 5 meetings a day. When I finally dregged my butt to the city, they had an up to date pamphlet with many more meetings shown than what I found online.
Best wishes
K