Tgif!!!

Old 06-01-2012, 09:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tgif!!!

Its been a long time since we had a TGIF thread, and in honor of it being Friday and the start of a new month, let's have a new one today.

TGIF...I have a full days of work ahead of me but it feels good to finally be ahead of work, instead of behind. It may be a long day but it will also be productive!

I have my container garden all prepped and ready for soil and plants. Because it is so cold here, a container garden works best. After hauling around 6 huge whiskey barrels, getting them cleaned and ready, and in place, tonight after work I will stop by my favorite local nursery for strawberries, potatoes, zucchini, herbs, and a tomato plant or two.

DD is going clamming with friends, and although I was invited with my own family, my younger DD is still recovering from a tonsillectomy so we are going shopping instead. I couldn't imagine her slogging through the mud on pain meds. We'll go next year, and hopefully older daughter will bring back fresh clams for chowder!

I have new books to read between now and June 27th, when I begin a new class to finally finish my master's program. My bills are paid, the pups are actually doing good with their puppy behaviors, we all made it through high school graduation and family in town, and today life is good.

What are your plans for the weekend?
Old 06-01-2012, 09:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good thread! BTW they have clams in Alaska?

This weekend I am going to go for a run, maybe two. I have plains to make fried eggplant, I love fried eggplant. Maybe spend some time at the pool. And put in some time on the new WII I bought this week as a gift because I deserve it because of going through this freaking divorce. I love the bowling game.

I will also be spending time reading book 3 of the game of thrones series. It is great.

Your friend,
Old 06-01-2012, 09:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dance like no one's watching (at the senior center)
Old 06-01-2012, 09:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Fun!

We have loose plans tonight to try to do dinner or something. We're trying to set aside time to reconnect like a date-night so that we can actually spend enjoyable time together but it's not always easy. With school out & all of our friends & family babysitting our daughter during the day I don't think I feel right asking someone to keep her overnight. We may do a family night instead.

Saturday nights are AA meeting nights so we get our mommy-daughter time then. We will either stay in & have a movie/game night at home or go with our girlfriends to the local outdoor mall where they have live music in the square until 9pm. I think this week is an acoustic rock band, DD loves any activities that include music!

Sunday is chore day - I think I'm going to bypass the normal crapola & reorganize my home office into a yoga/meditation room for myself. This is a long overdue project & I feel the need to spend some time on *me*.... especially since this morning started out with unneccesary arguments & even though we were finally able to talk it through, ... ugh. Just, ugh.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is fun...tonight I am making homemade fettuccine alfredo for my 2 younger daughters and I, I have a pile of books to read, tomorrow we all go to the salon for hair cuts and Sunday is our weekly dinner at my cousin's house. Even though I have my moments, I am extremely thankful for where I am at in my life. I would not go back to where I was last year at this time, that's for sure.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
After hauling around 6 huge whiskey barrels,
GEESH, I thought you were done with Alcohol ... LOL j/k j/k

I have weird thoughts that go through my head sometimes, a bit of a joker, and when I read that on F&F of A's that thought popped into my head

This weekend ... hmmmmm gonna take my little boy to the park to feed the ducks and the geese. Let him chase birds and squirrels with me in tow and then go lay him down for a LOOOOONG nap.

Going to have two of my nieces with me for the weekend as my brother and his g/f have slipped in their recovery and I am trying to be there for his kids because they are too young to be there for themselves. My mom has been taking care of four of them and she needs some relief, so again, I am 'helping' out with family problems. I think it is justified as the girls are too young to take care of themselves and I am doing it for them and not my brother.

Finally, I would LOVE to try to go see the new Snow White movie with Charlize Theron. That movie looks awesome and I really like Theron as an actress!
Old 06-01-2012, 10:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

LOL on the whiskey barrels! I actually think they are recycled wine barrels - at least I know two of them were red wine because they stunk to high heaven after it rained and the sun came out. You all will laugh even harder at this one - my front bed border is made from upside down beer bottles in brown, clear, and green. Got the idea off the internet, of course!

So beer bottle border, whiskey barrel container garden, yeah I must look like the neighborhood alcoholic!

Old 06-01-2012, 10:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

TGIF ~
Thank God I'm Free ~

No matter what I do this weekend ~ it will be so much better than what I did for so many years when living with & dealing with this horrible disease without the tools of this program!

Just that very thought makes me feel very PINKtastic!

hope everyone has a great weekend!

PINK HUGS
Rita
Old 06-01-2012, 11:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Tuffgirl,

I LOVE IT, the freaking irony is awesome isn't it.

Happy gardening. My mom planted a garden this year and I can't wait to eat some of her yummy vegies, they taste SOOOO much better than store bought. My little yard in my apartment doesn't get enough sun to grow any myself. I guess at LEAST I have a little yard for my dog and son at this point though.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well, the sun's coming out so garden work sounds perfect, TG!
It's finally summery up here, and I honestly can't wait for the workday to be over!
Old 06-01-2012, 11:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Tonight I am going to relax and probably play my racing game on the PS3 I bought myself a month ago. I also put Netflix on it, too, so I have choices tonight. Either way, I am vegging out on my sofa within view of my balcony garden and within the cuddle-zone for the cats.

Tomorrow I am hoping to buy some closed-toed heels in bright summer colors so that I can wear them to work. In the afternoon I might do something with friends... or I might not. I also need to spend some time in my garden, and figure out exactly what my apartment complex is doing to the balconies so I know how best to protect the roses. (They've been sending out fliers since mid-December about emptying out the balconies for this project and they're still not done yet.)

Sunday I'll be doing my usual Sunday morning worship schedule, then heading over to my boyfriend's for the afternoon. Nothing really planned for the day, either, but that's sort of how I like it lately. We did go to Cape May this past weekend, so I'm not in the mood for anything major, although depending on the weather I'm probably going to insist we either take a small walk through one of the local parks or go out for a drive with the windows down.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

TGIF, indeed! Glad to see the end of a rough week/month. My plans this weekend are a big fat nothing. I'm "single" tonight - RAH has been out of town for a couple days at a conference (he says he's feeling good and has stayed dry, so that's good news) and is coming home tomorrow.

As for the rest of the weekend, I've got to catch up on household stuffs and keep an eye on our dog - he's got what the vet thinks is an ear infection. Poor guy - he went in for a cleaning last Friday, got three teeth pulled (!), and had his ears cleaned as well...but then a couple days later, he started yelping whenever he'd shake his head/ears. So now I've got to put in drops and keep on "yelp vigil" - if no improvement, back to the vet again. Le sigh, the poor guy! I felt so bad for him that I mixed some tuna in with his dinner tonight!
Old 06-01-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I will be doing weeding and trimming in my yard tomorrow (rental place since I moved out of AH and my home in Sept and in process of divorce.) I'm intentionally seeking out new friends since I retired and we moved out of state two years ago to our dream spot and our dream house that is now up for sale. Tomorrow night going to outdoor concert with two new girlfriends and
Sunday I am riding in our local bike clubs big ride and going to attempt to ride 50 miles which should be interesting since my long ride this year is only 22 miles. Good times the next two days!
Old 06-01-2012, 07:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Found out my ABF is working tomorrow, Yeah!!! That means a good weekend, at least half of it. Going to the dog park in the morning then to my friends house.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:51 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Absolutely YES TGIF. It's only been a 4day work week but seemed longer for some reason.

I came home, took a hot shower and did something I would have never let my kids do! I had a bowl of rocky road ice cream for dinner. (I actually had a very late lunch so I have already forgiven myself)

Tomorrow getting up at 4am to drive 2 hours to my bff's moms for a huge annual neighborhood garage sale. We do this every year and it is so much fun.

Sunday is laundry day, chores and grocery shopping.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!
Old 06-01-2012, 07:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Baseball, garage sales, more baseball, grill out, Snow white movie and some time in the garden.

I love weekends!
Old 06-01-2012, 08:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good idea for a thread.

Today I did useful things like continue getting my room cleaned so we can put new flooring in it. Made my first appointment to talk to someone and start healing for the ptsd because of child abuse.

Tonight relaxing and listening to the radio. Here in Phoenix we have a great classic rock station. I also like reading. I might read some more in my diabetic living mag, as I want to try the taco recipe that is for healthy taco's.

Saturday, continue getting the room ready and just relaxing. and looking foward to a future for a change, now that I am on a path of sober/recovery and living.

Sunday, I would like to go to mass, but might go Saturday so if my mom wants to go to her church I can drive her. I am Roman Catholic and she is Protestant. It has been a long time since I felt well enough to go to mass.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.