Notices

The Little Things In Sobriety Are ReallY Huge

Old 05-31-2012, 12:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Little Things In Sobriety Are ReallY Huge

My apartment is clean, organized and decorated in a way that brings me real pleasure. Just finished up on my little patio, complete with an old recliner, a couple of tables, Buddha statue, outdoor plants, a small herb, tomato, fruit garden, BBQ, recliner bike, carpet, etc. Sitting here I feel so content and peace-filled. Drunk I'd probably be laying around in a messy house with a patio void of all but dead leaves. Lots of issues still in my lifebut sober provides me opportunities to live not just survive. An upstairs neighbor who hardly ever spoke to me stopped by and brought me fresh baked bread and chatted. It's like I entered an alternative universe and I like it. Now I need to work my butt and brain off to keep it. My best to all.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds productive...That's good for you....So is fresh bread. Sounds like a good sober day to me.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That is awesome! Sounds like some very good energy surrounds you due to your sobriety
Old 05-31-2012, 05:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Recovering

Sounds great! I've spent so much more time in the garden compared with how I used to spend my time drinking. It's far more rewarding isn't it.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Im happy for you. Ive noticed that without a hangover I can accomplish everything ( a little dramatic but you get the point). Enjoy that bread and your alternative universe It really is about the little things.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's great to hear how sobriety fits so good on people who used to be controlled by their disease. Thank you for the positive message of what it is like now
Old 05-31-2012, 05:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I love the notion of living, not just surviving! Glad you are having a good day Fitz.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yea, I'm not much of a red meat eater but I put a t-bone on the grill with a potato and salad and ate like a person with dignity even if I ate alone. I almost never treated myself with self-respect drunk and even sober rarely with dignity, like I gave up my right to personhood. So I dined on a meal I prepared for a person worth the preparation--myself. I miss my family but I don't have to live like I don't deserve anything but self-pity or self-spite. At this point in my life I'd better become my own best friend and let things unwind as they will-the ice tea was well aged as of this morning with just the right hint of lemon.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's great to hear you filled with hope, Fitz. So happy you're feeling better.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MycoolFitz View Post
i don't deserve anything but self-pity or self-spite. At this point in my life I'd better become my own best friend and let things unwind as they will-the ice tea was well aged as of this morning with just the right hint of lemon.
nice
Old 06-01-2012, 12:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
instant

It's the universe of positives