feel so heavy......

Old 05-29-2012, 09:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feel so heavy......

hi,im new here..my husband is a alcoholic..seems to be getting worse and worse..his actions and behaviors are disgusting to me lately..he refuses help with some stupid slogan ''quitters never win and winners never quit''...yeah,crazy...he thinks everythings a joke..im tired,actually sick and tired ..i love him and hes a totally different person when sober...i just dont know how much more i can take of the irresponsible,stupid drunken behavior..im at my wits end..should i divorce him?...
Old 05-29-2012, 10:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Can you attend Al Anon for your own sanity? Va Beach has a lot of AA and Al Anon meetings.

Love,
Old 05-29-2012, 10:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Survivor

Should you divorce him? Huge question that you will find the answer to in time. The best thing you can do now is take care of you. And an awesome way to do that is through the 12 steps and Al-anon. At least it is definitely a great, positive way. Just went to my first face to face meeting.

Best of luck to you.

Love,

Lily
Old 05-29-2012, 10:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome needingrelief,

Nobody here will tell you to divorce your husband, nor will they tell you to stay and work on your marriage. Choice belongs to you, and you alone.

What you will get is support, and real life testament of living with addiction.

Love and addiction have nothing in common. It's as if love and addiction are having a turf war. And as we all know, war doesn't truly have any winners, in the end, senseless casualities, and forever scarred minds and bodies.

Educating myself about addiction, changed my life. Please read the stickies at the top of the forum. So very much valuable info.

Keep posting, and know you are not alone. We will be here for you.