Notices

A new chapter?

Old 05-27-2012, 06:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A new chapter?

Well this has certainly been a roller coaster of emotions this weekend!!
I think I've gone through them all.
This morning, my husband cleared the fridge of all his alcohol. There isn't anything left in the house. He and I are going to live our lives sober from now on. We love each other and have a good life together and it feels like the start of a brand new life.
I'm not unrealistic, I know things aren't going to be easy, but he is committed to it and it sure makes life easier for me not having to deal with his drunken behaviour or the fact there is always a huge amount of booze in the house.
Can I allow myself the smallest glimmer of hope here??xx
Old 05-27-2012, 06:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
This morning, my husband cleared the fridge of all his alcohol. There isn't anything left in the house. He and I are going to live our lives sober from now on. We love each other and have a good life together and it feels like the start of a brand new life.
They say in "Acceptance" That nothing...Absolutely nothing...Happens in God's world by mistake.....I believe that.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

Hugs, Jeni! Let that glimmer shine through! I can see a rainbow behind that glimmer!
Old 05-27-2012, 06:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're feeling positive, Jeni.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Recovering

Brilliant!

Your last 'chapter' read pretty good as well, and ended with your husband joining you. That was a pretty neat chapter.

Be gentle with yourselves and with each other.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good news indeed. I needed my wife's support make sure you both have someone else too as it can be rough especially for your husband whilst detox . Life for you both will be fantastic . Use all means available and look at the money side so treats all round or at least the joy of removing debts !
John
Old 05-28-2012, 10:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thankyou. He has now got rid of all the alcohol in the house. He's a little low but nothing I didn't expect. I'm doing ok, didn't get anything like the withdrawals I experienced first time round, and I'm filled with determination.
I'm not going to drink today.
Thankyou all for your love x
Old 05-28-2012, 10:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Your in a good position not to have too many detox problems I think. I'm sure he will be having a low mood. I used to feel like a caged animal but appear bored .
John.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

His withdrawals will likely to be far worse than yours. He might need to see a doc. Don’t fool yourself. This is going to be a difficult week . Best wishes.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am prepared for that. We both are.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Prayers are with you Jeni....For both of you....For a wonderful life!
Old 05-28-2012, 11:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thankyou xx
Old 05-28-2012, 11:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hope it all goes well Jeni, Love to you both xxx
Old 05-28-2012, 11:39 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

This is wonderful news! It's what I pray for in my home someday. Hope you have a great day!
Old 05-28-2012, 11:43 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eliasson View Post
This is wonderful news! It's what I pray for in my home someday. Hope you have a great day!
I pray for you too Eliasson...Just keep doing what you are doing...Don't drink...No matter what...And anything is possible.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:45 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Eliasson.
Thinking of you xxx
Old 05-28-2012, 11:49 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Hey Jeni - I'm pulling for you and your husband. It's tough when both spouses are alcoholics ... the resolve to quit is very strong in the beginning but as you know, it can waver. Whatever your husband does - whether he drinks or doesn't - remember that the only sobriety you're responsible for is YOURS. If he picks up again (like mine did), don't let that be a trigger for you to do the same. We know how tough this is. Hubby and I got sober together in March, but a month later he was drinking again. I was disappointed but understood ... he wasn't ready. I can only focus on me, I am only responsible for me. I wish and pray for the best for both of you and things right now look very promising. Just one day at a time, girl. Here if you need me.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:06 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks desertsong xx. I'm not going to have any high or unrealistic expectations
about this. He isn't looking into recovery methods at all and has only started admitting shame after drinking, evenings that he doesn't remember, and the fact that he may not be in control. I think the main reason he's quitting is for me. I was in a complete state last Friday. He was shell shocked I think especially as I had thrown myself into recovery and he'd felt a little sidelined by my new focus in life.
I think he finally realised that I am truly an alcoholic, that drinking can not be fun or recreational for me any more and that this is serious.
Maybe he worried that he could end up like me, and in one of our discussions he used the phrase 'alcoholism is a progressive disease' and so may be worried for his future. Maybe he just wants to show his support to me.
Whatever his reasons I do appreciate it because it shows he cares.
Whether he stays sober or not, I intend to support him in his own endeavours, but they are not vital to my own sobriety.
I'm my own person and will follow my own sober path. It's just nicer sharing it xx
Old 05-28-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

That is true love. Now comes the hard part. So happy to hear about this Jeni!
Old 05-28-2012, 02:19 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
Well this has certainly been a roller coaster of emotions this weekend!!
I think I've gone through them all.
I'm not unrealistic, I know things aren't going to be easy, but he is committed to it and it sure makes life easier for me not having to deal with his drunken behaviour or the fact there is always a huge amount of booze in the house.
Can I allow myself the smallest glimmer of hope here??xx
wow,sounds great to me.I wish you all the best for your sober future and I pray for you and your hubby!
I think him throwing the booze out is a good sign,even if he isn't 100% about his recovery... yet. :ghug3

Will x