Saying hello after a hiatus (and brief check-in).

Old 05-26-2012, 03:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Saying hello after a hiatus (and brief check-in).

I've been meaning to get back on this board and post a few things, or at least check in (or offer what meager input I have), but it's been a busy month or two...

We've been out of town or gone almost every weekend, mostly visiting family while the roads are good and the weather is nice, etc.

My son had his first birthday two days after Mother's Day, my mom was here, etc. etc., so I apologize if anyone has been wondering what the heck happened to me (considering I would usually post at least five times a week)!

Therapy is really going well for me. My therapist thinks that I'm not yet ready for EMDR therapy, as my inner child is still very vulnerable and easily wounded (or the various parts of my inner child, really).

So for now she just helps me try to address my feelings, whatever they may be (anger, resentment, shame, fear, etc.) and let that part of me know that it's okay to feel those feelings, and try to let go of them.

I had to go for a couple of weeks without therapy, due to my son's birthday and my therapist then going out of town, and it's been a bit rough, but I had a really great session today (thankfully, as we'll be going out of town again for a few days on Tuesday for vacation).

I just wanted to take this moment to finally get on here and say hello after such a long absence, and check in so that I can get back into the habit of posting again with some regularity.

Much love to all of you, you have been in my thoughts throughout this busy time!
Old 05-26-2012, 08:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello there Plath

Glad to see you checking in, and reporting growth and progress. Enjoy your vacation, you have certainly earned it.

Mike
Old 05-26-2012, 08:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, Mike!

Old 05-26-2012, 09:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nice to hear from you. I'm glad things are going well. Sounds like things will calm down and you can get back to the therapist soon.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks, Kialua!
:ghug3

Yes, hopefully things will calm down a bit when we get back. I'm already looking forward to my next appointment, hah.
I scheduled it for next Tuesday, so hopefully I'll be doing a lot of meditating and practicing what she's taught me until then!

Things could be better on the home front, but I suppose they could be worse too.