Notices

Old 05-25-2012, 04:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey everyone ! I just wanted to introduce myself. This is te beginning of day 1 and my hope is that this forum will help make me accountable for my actions.
I'm a single person so no bf or children depend on me or are effected (affected?) by my actions except myself. I'm going to continue to read posts and learn from others experiences as well as have someone to reach out to when in need.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, Angela.

You're in the right spot.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A man on a mission

Welcome. I am here only 1 week and I have learned a tremendous amount already. If you have time, read some of the threads in the Families of addicts section. Some really good stuff to give you a perspective. Good luck to you.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Angela - you'll find a lot of support here

D
Old 05-25-2012, 05:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Welcome aboard

I myself had no one to answer to. No gf no kids. Selfwill run riot was I. This family of SR has been instrumental in my recovery. And AA is the program which saved my life.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Angela, welcome to SR.

No matter what your situation, it's always difficult to make that first step; so well done. SR is a great place to read when you're feeling low, or even if you're feeling good it's still interesting. Like Godzilla said, I find personally it gives me perspective from people who have lost others through alcohol, to people who are in a worse state than me, to people who have a long and productive recovery behind them.

You say accountable for your actions - it's great to keep this in your mind, but try to remember those actions are the past and this is your future. You don't ever have to go back to being that person doing those things again. With a sober mind, it's likely the decisions you make or actions you take will have a positive affect on your life.

It's good that you haven't contaminated others with your problems. It's better to do things before it's too late.

Hope all goes well.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome to SR!
Old 05-27-2012, 04:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone! So far so good! It's amazing how quickly you begin to feel better without alcohol! I hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 05-27-2012, 05:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Angela1234 View Post
Thank you everyone! So far so good! It's amazing how quickly you begin to feel better without alcohol!
Exactly. I am so grateful that I now wake up instead of coming to, I go to sleep instead of passing out, and in between I feel good, eat well, treat myself (and others) well, enjoy so many things, am productive, and most of all I'm free. It's so good to be free having suffered enslavement for so long. It's good too to have normal sleep return. Congratulations. Hold Fast.