Notices

friend came over for support - turned into disaster

Old 05-22-2012, 06:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

friend came over for support - turned into disaster

I'm on day 3 - still haven't had a drink. My on and off boyfriend/friend came over to support me since he knows I'm recently sober and having a hard time adjusting to my new job. He cooked me dinner and helped me clean up a little. We were having a great night until he all the sudden burst in the room and asked me who I had been seeing. He read an email I wrote to a friend about a guy that I had just started seeing. He stormed out, and told me he never wants to see me again.

I'm panicking right now. He was supposed to come support me and instead he was snooping, and now I probably lost him forever. I didn't need this the same week I started a new job and quit drinking. I want a drink so bad right now! I'm not drinking now because I don't have any in the house, but I am so sad and alone right now. I could really use support right now, because I don't know if I even have the will to stay sober now.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

SnowDaisy - You know it won't help. Getting numb just puts everything on hold - nothing gets resolved. Imagine waking up, hungover - it would be horrible. You've worked hard for those 3 sober days. Please don't throw yourself back into that dark place. We believe in you.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Professional Drunk

That's a bit of an invasion of your privacy. Unless of course you left the e-mail up on the screen in plain view and it just caught his eye. However, if he actually clicked through your e-mail account unbeknownst to you, then it could be for the best he is out of your life.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i think at this early stage in your recovery, you are the most important person in your life. i am so sorry that you feel alone and sad...try to get some rest. you can get through the night, and worry about tomorrow tomorrow.
we're here for you...
Old 05-22-2012, 06:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

SnowDaisy~this guy keeps showing you over & over who he truly is! I remember you posting about him in the past. Don't drink over someone like this. Be sober & strong. Let him go do as he chooses, good riddance for today. Just for today. Take care of you, get through it. You'll be better as your sober days build up behind you.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Quitter

You're seeing some else? He wants you all to himself?
That doesn't often end too well.
You don't have any in the house and you'll wake up sober and able to deal with it tomorrow. Hang in there in the good times and bad.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The feeling to drink has passed... I'm actually pretty proud of myself for staying sober. I need to get that guy out of my life. He has been bad news for years.

I know for a fact I would have gone to the liquor store tonight if I didn't have SR. Thanks.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Every time you get over one of these hurdles, you grow stronger. Good job.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Have you thought that maybe you caught a lucky break that you're now able to make a clean getaway from an invasive guy who can't commit? He doesn't sound like the stable kind of person yoj need in your life right now. As for dating, you may want to give yourself some alone time before you plunge headlong into a relationship. Relationships are complicated and frustrating enough without dumping the early stages of sobriety into it. Consider taking some time to get your own house in order. Until you get yourself straight what do you have to bring to a relationship? Sorry if that sounds harsh but think it over.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I do think it's a good idea to have alone time. I need to figure myself out. I am not seeing anyone really, I've just been going out a lot and meeting a lot of new people, one guy that I've been hanging out with more often. It helps me to be around other people, though I'm realizing I need to learn to be alone.

(oh, and I most definitely did NOT leave the email in plain view. he waited until I was in the bathroom to snoop through my phone. jerk.)
Old 05-22-2012, 07:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

If this is the same guy from past threads - then yeah I think you're better off SD... I really do.

congratulations on getting through that

D
Old 05-22-2012, 07:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You didn't drink amongst the chaos... Good for you!! It's nice watching these stories unfold. Get him out, out, out!!