Notices

Definition of Misery

Old 05-22-2012, 02:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Definition of Misery

Hey guys. I'm new to this forum. Obviously. I'm on day 7 of being completely off of any type of opiate. I was only on pills for less than a year, due to a surgery I had. I progressed very quickly in my addiction. I went from 20-30mg hydrocodone/day to 160-180mg of oxycodone/ day. So 2 weeks ago I did a 7 day suboxone detox. Being that its mt 7thbest day, I thought I would be almost as good as new, minus the mental & chemical changes that happen from your body re-regulating itself. The first 3-4 days were fairly easy compared to the regular w/ds I had in the past. But, since day 5, I've been the most miserable I have ever been. My entire body has been so restless that I haven't slept in 48 hours. I was just wondering if there was anybody that has gone through this and can give me any ideas on how long this will last, or at least when it starts to feel better period. Thanks for reading.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi SMP

I'm sorry you're going through this.
I have no experience myself, but others may

we also have a suboxone forum you may be interested in looking at?
Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

welcome to SR - hope you start to feel better soon

D
Old 06-17-2012, 04:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Red face Detox. Blues

Hi brave one....my looking at what you were using it sounds like you cabt expect to feel 100% so soon. A week not very long . Your bodies ability to deal with pain....physical or mental is limited. What do you feel like you could handle...a walk,heated pool swim, massage, concert, shopping, boat ride, Read, funny movie something to keep you busy. Feeling too much now sucks. A pleasant treat you deserve. Keep talking but keep busy xx
Old 06-17-2012, 08:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Withdrawal, in my experience is hell on wheels.

the difference from that misery and the one I was stuck in while using is that the misery of withdrawl is temporary and will result in a positive end.

I guess it's like having to go through chemotherapy...but in reverse. you feel like crap, but it comes out better in the end, when before...there was little hope for relief OR survival.

hang in there, things will get better, and you will never have to go through it again.