Notices

I did not drink tonight

Old 05-21-2012, 09:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I did not drink tonight

Everything went well this evening. When my husband got home, he poured his wine into a coffee mug instead of a wine glass. I knew what he was drinking, but not being able to see it was really helpful.

Then I went for a great run, zoning out to some good music and working up a good sweat. I totally skipped the booze.

Anyway, I'm not feeling so great. I mean, I'm rather pleased with myself, but I'm a little shaky and headachy. What is this, withdrawal? Seriously? If that's the case, I'm worse than I thought I was. I had quit before, with each of my three pregnancies, but this is something new; this time I'm actually feeling physically out of sorts.

Oh well, I don't feel that bad, just not so great. If anything, this makes me realize that my problem is worse than I thought, so that means I reallyreallyreally have to quit.

I'm going to go relax with a book. I'm feeling a little jittery too, so I'm not sure how the whole sleep thing is going to work out tonight. G'night!
Old 05-21-2012, 09:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

One night down is a great step forward Luling
It's usual to feel a little out of sorts for a few days - stick with it

D
Old 05-21-2012, 09:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Congrats on the evening and on having a supportive spouse. Your body may be having some withdrawls. We build up our tolerances so gradually it's hard to notice exactly how much we're drinking until we quit. Hope sleeping goes well.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Well done. For me sleep took several weeks to really get normal but not waking feeling sick is all worth it.

If you cant sleep and are to jittery you always can come here, it sure help me I would be here 24 hrs.

Good love, Inda
Old 05-22-2012, 06:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It really is nice waking up after a night of not drinking. This morning my son was having a hard time getting his things together before leaving for school, and I was alert enough to actually be helpful.

The thing that helped me through last night was having my evening planned out. I'll do the same today: I'll cook dinner early and have it ready to heat up this evening. I'll make sure everything gets done early, so I won't have any chores to face when the 5:00 craving starts to kick in. Then I'll go for a run, or maybe a class at the gym.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A man on a mission

Awesome! Keep it up.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good for you Luling....Having my days planned out has helped me as well....I feel physical fitness goes hand in hand with living a sober life style...you are making a good decision to incorporate it into your daily routine....
Old 05-22-2012, 07:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Luling View Post
It really is nice waking up after a night of not drinking. This morning my son was having a hard time getting his things together before leaving for school, and I was alert enough to actually be helpful.

The thing that helped me through last night was having my evening planned out. I'll do the same today: I'll cook dinner early and have it ready to heat up this evening. I'll make sure everything gets done early, so I won't have any chores to face when the 5:00 craving starts to kick in. Then I'll go for a run, or maybe a class at the gym.
Yeah getting up sober feels good.. unless you have trouble sleeping... congrats!:day1