Confused

Old 05-20-2012, 05:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Confused

AH has been sober for a week (or at least I can't tell if he's been drinking) and now he wants to do things with me like go walking with me. He's not in treatment and thinks he can beat this by himself which he's done this before and always goes back to the bottle. I think he knows that I'm planning on leaving him although I haven't told him that's what I am planning on doing. I've noticed that my attitude toward him is mean and hateful and God I hate that in myself. Any thoughts?
Old 05-20-2012, 05:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

every one runs out of time, move on!!!
Old 05-20-2012, 07:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Do you attend Al Anon meetings? You may gain some insight there as to why you feel the way you do and maybe learn how to get some peace and serenity back in your life. My AH currently isn't drinking either and he's doing it without a program. I don't know if he's going to drink again but my trust for him has waned and it will take a VERY long time for it to be restored. Be patient with yourself and remember that feelings aren't facts. You may decide to leave, you may choose to stick it out one more time. Unfortunately, I think we all know that without a program their odds of going back to the bottle are very high. Sending you lots of support today!