Small step

Old 05-17-2012, 09:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Small step

I suppose this post may sound silly to most but this small step made me so proud of myself. I was determined to not let AH choices control me in any way and as some of you know I really wanted to see American Idol tonight.

The way I kept looking at was he is not gonna control me he is doing what he wants so I should be able dadada... I can watch the show and go to the next meeting this thinking has been off and on since I attend the first meeting on Monday.

When I left Monday's meeting I was all about I will be at the next meeting as the week went by I was thinking his choice is making me have to go attend a meeting when I want to do something else. Then wham I saw the light bulb.

This, is not about him making me go to meetings VS watching a silly show. I am choosing to attend meetings for ME. I chose the meeting tonight. .

Wow, the crazy way I think sometimes.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Likely more beneficial but I wouldnt be down on yourself if u chose to watch the show. If u are committed u know it inside. Kinda like church.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's a good step. Recognizing that your own emotional, psychological and spiritual well being is your first priority is huge! American Idol vs a meeting is similar to a bag of potato chips vs an apple. One may make you feel good. The other is good for you. The short term good feeling vs a healthy choice. Hmmmm....huge step.

Making healthy choices for ourselves is so important. Good for you Angie!

gentle hugs
ke