Notices

Thank You SR

Old 05-17-2012, 05:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank You SR

Hey guys. Just wanted to take some time out of my day to say thank you to all of you here in this forum. I've been sober for nearly 3 months now and I can't tell you how grateful I am for SR. So I'll go ahead and tell you guys my brief story for anyone that cares to read.

So back in February, I was doing my usual, pounding back beers and browsing the internet. For some reason, I started browsing about alcohol addictions and ways of recovery when I stumbled upon SR. After reading a few threads I knew I was in the right place, so many stories that I could relate to. The next day I decided to quit cold turkey after nearly 3 years of drinking at least 18 beers a day. It was tough, those first few days were like hell. I hardly got any sleep, anxiety was driving me crazy, horrible appetite, the whole deal. Well after about 5 days I started feeling better, I started sleeping a little more regularly, started eating normaly, started coming back to the real world for the first time in 3 years. Those first few weeks were amazing, I was so appreciative if the littlest things, I was so amazed at how much I missed when I was drinking. I'd be lying if I said it stays like that. It's not all cake and ice cream in sobriety, you see the world for what it is. I think that's the point I'm at right now, I've realized I've done a lot of damage to myself these past years, not just physically but emotionally too. No, things aren't perfect in sobriety, but I'll say this much......I'm here, I'm sober and I'll fight this addiction for the rest of my life, I'll never go back to the person I was.

From the bottom of my heart, thank all of you. I don't personally know any of you but I feel like this is one big family. I'll be saying a prayer for all of you tonight, keep fighting, don't let this addiction win.