difference between crack and cocaine

Old 05-17-2012, 03:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

difference between crack and cocaine

I get that you smoke crack, and you either snort or shoot up cocaine. But, I don't understand the difference between the power of the drugs. Is crack more powerful than cocaine? Just wondering.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

my ex husband was addicted to crack...what he said was the highest high for him was shooting up cocaine but you had to do it every 20 minutes to keep your high going.....smoking crack was easier and got him "almost" as high. Snorting cocaine was nothing in comparison to those two....at least that was the world according to him. It's all really horrible stuff.

I know that everyone is different but he said that before he exhaled his first hit of crack he knew he was addicted.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know crack hits your brain faster because it's smoked. It raises the dopamine levels in the brain for 5-10 minutes after a hit, but after that they plummet leaving the user feeling depressed which is why users need another hit so soon.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was addicted to crack. Though I had no problem injecting cocaine, I seriously don't like snorting anything, so really never got much out of cocaine.

My XABF that I shared the crack addict with has tried just about everything and when he was given cocaine, he made it into crack. He swore crack was the most progressively addictive substance. My experience agrees, but it's just my experience. I want nothing to do with any of it.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-18-2012, 11:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

The real difference is the amount of time it takes to hit the brain receptors. Snorting takes longer than smoking, and shooting up is the quickest.