Notices

Dont know why..

Old 05-16-2012, 09:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dont know why..

Tonight is a tuff one for me , i dont know why but i want a drink so bad and am tempted to do it. I have fallen three times already, my last time being two days ago. I wish the feeling would go away. I dont want to call anyone cause its late my time and cause i feel like a burden sometimes. So i came here..
Old 05-16-2012, 09:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are never a burden...sometimes the phone feels like a thousand pounds but if you call someone in the program they will help you day or night...just don't take that first drink...Go for a walk, watch a funny movie, read a book anything but drinking...Good luck friend!
Old 05-16-2012, 09:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I dont want to call anyone cause its late my time and cause i feel like a burden sometimes.
maybe that's the time you need to call the most Sark?
I know I wouldn't give out my number if I didn't want people to use it, y'know?

D
Old 05-16-2012, 09:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't have anyone in AA yet for a sponsor so I have no one to call there. I do have friends but I feel like I am wearing them out...Maybe it's just me.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Don't give in, Sark..... It can seem overwhelming I know, but cravings don't last forever. It's normal to have a strong craving a couple days after drinking. Get something to eat (do you have any ice cream?)........ Focus on taking deep breaths for a minute or two....or just stay on here and read like crazy (that's what I used to do) - it will ground you again and remind you why you don't want to keep doing this over and over. You know you'll regret it tomorrow, anyway!:ghug3
Old 05-16-2012, 09:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ok, so I smoked a cigarrette I know its not good either but i figured it was better than drinking. I was going to do laundry but it was closed. I dont have icecream but have other sweet stuff.. I will give it a try.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Drink a big glass of water and meditate. Turn off the TV, turn the lights down and try to relax. If you are the type, get on your knees and pray a bit.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Know that feeling of wanting a drink so badly the thought overwhelms me.
Keep posting and reading. Remember you will almost certainly regret it.
It's tough but you can do it.
We're all behind you x
Old 05-17-2012, 03:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sark View Post
I don't have anyone in AA yet for a sponsor so I have no one to call there. I do have friends but I feel like I am wearing them out...Maybe it's just me.
Don't worry about calling friends in AA...They don't want to see you drink either...This is an action program...I'd take some action and get a sponsor...My first 90 days I spent studying the Big Book and working the steps...It didn't leave me much time for thoughts about drinking....And three months flew by pretty quick.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So I made through last night. I did call a friend, when I did she was busy trying to get her car started. So I spent about twenty minutes texting her making sure she was fine. We did not talk about anything but I was able to make it without a drink. I am glad I did. It seems that my craving come at the most unconveniant times for people, this is why I hate to call anyone. I thought this last night that's why I did not want to bother anyone. When I did my point was proven but I am trying not to let it discourage me next time. Today I am going to make an effort to get a sponsor.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
~sb

Stop playing HP, sometimes that unconventional timing of your call will really help someone else! Keep calling. People will be glad to help out. It keeps them sober, too.

Are you in the states?

Glad you got through it! Journaling also helps me during those rough times.

Stay sober. Have a great day!
Old 05-17-2012, 08:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good for you...Maybe that 20 minutes of texting her to make sure she was fine helped her and kept you from drinking...Don't be afraid to ask your Higher Power to put the right sponsor in front of you...It never hurts.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I think everyone here knows that feeling. Don't feel like a burden buddy, I know how that feels too. Remember those cravings and temptations go away. And everytime you get over them you get a little bit stronger. You can beat this... We all can.... And we are all here for each other.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:51 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Speaking of inconvenient times. My previous attempts at sobriety seemed like I was always catching people at the wrong time. I would need someone to talk to around 10pm-7am the night time was the hardest for me and every normal person was asleep or getting dressed for work lol.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

So I went to a meeting and worked up some strength to ask someone to be my sponsor. She accepted but said to go home and pray/think about it then call her tommorrow. I guess i am not sure why but i will do it I guess.
Hopeing i can make it another day. I feel like crap but like this say in the meetings just for today. Thank you all for your posts, they have been helpful.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:56 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Maybe to just make sure it's right for both of you sark...I like your sponsor already. I think I just got my first sponsee...I'm meeting with him tomorrow...I prayed for when the time would be right. I hope and pray it works out for both of us.